Is it stealing?

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Can you tell me the particulars about your cue? Weight, balance point, shaft taper, woods used etc? I really can't afford a fancy custom cue, but maybe when I lose my last remaining tooth the tooth fairy will leave enough money under my pillow for a sneaky.

It was only $450.

Mine is a true sneaky. 18.5 Oz, 19.3" balance point, small 11.4mm maple shaft.

29/25 split.

I LOVE IT.

edit,

I have a good buddy who is sponsored by Lambros cues and his cue is 55", as I recall. He is about 6' and plays real good-like.

Mike told me he would make me a short cue but I believe he hadn't before when I inquired.

I still would love to get one from him one day. Never had a Lambros. Never heard a bad thing about them, either.

Whatever anyone does with a short cue, I'd say to stick with a 29" shaft and just make the butt shorter. Get a screw in extension for the buttcap.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think I could accomplish that on my lathe, and all I'd risk is a cheap cue I never use anyway.

How about cutting down an old never used shaft that's been sitting around. For now I bought a beautiful custom from Meullers for $13 and took the shaft down and put on a real ferrule/tip . Have not used it yet. Anyway have fun, experiment.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was only $450.

Mine is a true sneaky. 18.5 Oz, 19.3" balance point, small 11.4mm maple shaft.

29/25 split.

I LOVE IT.

edit,

Mike told me he would make me a short cue but I believe he hadn't before when I inquired.

I still would love to get one from him one day. Never had a Lambros. Never heard a bad thing about them, either.

Whatever anyone does with a short cue, I'd say to stick with a 29" shaft and just make the butt shorter. Get a screw in extension for the buttcap.

That sounds like a great way to go, and at a decent price. That balance point would suit me fine, but I think I'd want a 12.5mm tip.

I'd think the regular shaft and short butt would give a similar hit as a regular butt that weighed the same, all other things being equal.

Butt extension is what I was thinking as well. You could even get a longer one to bring the cue up to 60" for those shots where you are stretched out over the table. I'm short, so there a lot of them. lol.

I'm going to wait until I experiment with my bar cues before deciding, but around that price might sway me to get a custom sneaky like yours.