Is the Dishaw CNY tour handicapped?

I noticed in the tournament payouts that they list player ratings. Is this tour handicapped, and does anyone know how the handicapping works? Do you get a ball or do you have to win fewer games?
 
This is the same tour that was called CNY 9-ball Tour.

Dishaw is now a sponser i beleive.

If everything is the same as it was before i quit them it's not really good for the better players. After I decided not to waste my time on this tour they did ban me for posting the payouts from their info on totalpool.info.
I guess it was embaressing to them, now they hate me. Or maybe they always did, idk.
No biggy , I hope they feel better about it that way.

Money is pro-rated and then if you are rated high you give games on the wire also.

They also give B player and A player bonus money. And who knows what else. Maybe women's bonus idk.

They never looked at the top end of the prize money in all the years I played.
Their first event of the year paid 400, hmmm.
It would have cost me 120 and a whole weekend to get that prize.
Besides I would have to give at least 9-7 to most of the players in the field. They can run out too. Oh don't let me forget the alternate breaks, geeez. So if you can sneak in this or you are a B player that runs out it may not be your cup of tea !

I'd be suprized if you get a response from them on here. They don't post much here, hardly any really. But if they see me talking about their events they might pipe in. hehehahalol.
 
I might try playing at the tournament in Syracuse next week. I'm really a B player and not a great B player either, but how will they know what to rate me?
 
I might try playing at the tournament in Syracuse next week. I'm really a B player and not a great B player either, but how will they know what to rate me?

It's up to you to get your regular room/rooms or other players to vouch for your ability. Or document your acheivements in leagues.
If you cant' it's up to them and that may not be the best for you !
You know what I mean ?
 
Dishaw Tour

Pocketpoint,
If you show up at the CNY at Salt City Billiards this weekend 11/13 +11/14 the TD Gary will do his best to place you appropriately. I can hit some with you and let him know where to put you. If you are an A level player you pay a bit more than a B does to enter. As I remember B's pay $40 and A's pay $60, there is a minimal $20 tour membership as well.

The tour is sent up for the amateur players really. This coming weekend is only the third event. If a player plays 6 of 12 events they are eligible for the year end finals which are held next August. Gary is planning on about $5000 added, those that qualify won't be complaining about low payouts then. I know I'll be there.

Payouts may seem small, especially to advanced amateurs paying $120 entry. It's hard to keep everyone happy. The CNY was never meant to replaced pro caliber events like the Joss Tour (which was awesome this weekend in Utica for those who missed it).

Everyone talks about how to stimulate the game. Most talk about how to fix issues at pro level events. To me we need to develop and foster events for intermediate to advanced players as well, since that's where 95% of people play at. The Dishaw Tour is doing this.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions.
 
Well I'm most definitely a low B player I actually did play in the Joss tour event in Utica and lost out 9-1 and 9-3 so that tells you something lol.
 
I am probably going to attend the tournament so if needed I would come early to play a bit with you.

I would feel bad if I actually did well in the tournament while receiving a handicap.

I think the better players should be rewarded for being better players!
 
Dishaw Cues CNY Tour...

I noticed in the tournament payouts that they list player ratings. Is this tour handicapped, and does anyone know how the handicapping works? Do you get a ball or do you have to win fewer games?

Pocket Point or any interested,

Thank you for your interest in the tour... AZ Billiards does so much for us as players and fans for free that I would prefer that you please email me at BigBreak314@aol.com or contact me at 315-744-0422 and I will get you a copy of the schedule and answer any questions you may have. Once we get things going and I am actually paying for advertising on AZ I will be much more open to using their space to push our events.

Thank you again to AZ for posting our schedule and results.
 
Thanks...

Pocketpoint,
If you show up at the CNY at Salt City Billiards this weekend 11/13 +11/14 the TD Gary will do his best to place you appropriately. I can hit some with you and let him know where to put you. If you are an A level player you pay a bit more than a B does to enter. As I remember B's pay $40 and A's pay $60, there is a minimal $20 tour membership as well.

The tour is sent up for the amateur players really. This coming weekend is only the third event. If a player plays 6 of 12 events they are eligible for the year end finals which are held next August. Gary is planning on about $5000 added, those that qualify won't be complaining about low payouts then. I know I'll be there.

Payouts may seem small, especially to advanced amateurs paying $120 entry. It's hard to keep everyone happy. The CNY was never meant to replaced pro caliber events like the Joss Tour (which was awesome this weekend in Utica for those who missed it).

Everyone talks about how to stimulate the game. Most talk about how to fix issues at pro level events. To me we need to develop and foster events for intermediate to advanced players as well, since that's where 95% of people play at. The Dishaw Tour is doing this.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions.

Master9baller,

Thank you for the help and support...
 
Zilla,

Thank you for feilding this question and answering with a response that did not completely show just how against this format you are... As the better player that you are I can completely understand your dislike for the main event format for it definitely does you no justice. But thank you for passing on info to players who may find it appealing to them. It is all I am asking from any one any more... "Please support your sport...!!!"
 
Zilla,

Thank you for feilding this question and answering with a response that did not completely show just how against this format you are... As the better player that you are I can completely understand your dislike for the main event format for it definitely does you no justice. But thank you for passing on info to players who may find it appealing to them. It is all I am asking from any one any more... "Please support your sport...!!!"

Hi Gary , hope your well. Thanks for understanding. Thats the way you have always been, undestanding and much easier to talk too. If I can ever help you I will !

Zilla

p.s. If I see any other questions regarding your events I will just forward them to you.
 
Last edited:
Pocketpoint rating

Pocketpoint, If you played in Utica I will know you. When you arrive at Salt City just ask Gary to point me out and we will rate you appropriately. There will be lots of good competition for you, double elimination besides so you always get playing time and experience.

Gary and Gary, thanks for keeping it positive.

More players=more money, besides we can always side bet matches or sweat other players.
 
Back
Top