Is there a rule about starting 11 different threads selling the same thing?

Brandon, if its bothering you, you have the right to speak your mind.
I know you probably didn't want to start anything in one of his For Sale ads but nothing wrong with mentioning it here.

Bumping your thread is considered to be ok as everyone does it to some extent but creating multiple sale threads for the same item deprives many others of their fair share of views for their listings.

Just my 2 cents.
 
Thanks, Brandon!! By creating this thread you just bumped my thread from 2 months ago down a page!!! dang it........:D

I have seen the same cue for sale for almost a month now...it is getting old!!! I do agree that a higher level of respect should be given to other sellers!! SO, with that said...Pletho, drop the price if you want to sell it and only bump one thread....stop creating new ones!!! There ya go bud!!:thumbup:


Gary
 
Thanks, Brandon!! By creating this thread you just bumped my thread from 2 months ago down a page!!! dang it........:D

I have seen the same cue for sale for almost a month now...it is getting old!!! I do agree that a higher level of respect should be given to other sellers!! SO, with that said...Pletho, drop the price if you want to sell it and only bump one thread....stop creating new ones!!! There ya go bud!!:thumbup:


Gary

Thanks for the help Gary, lol. Let me know if you want to get together and play some. It's been a while since you came over. I might have to make the long ass trek to your neck of the woods.
 
Thanks for the help Gary, lol. Let me know if you want to get together and play some. It's been a while since you came over. I might have to make the long ass trek to your neck of the woods.



Oh my, any game I ever had left me! But I would like to get together and play some though....I am having the table covered at the pool room next month and will let ya know when we start having tourneys. Should have some really good ones on Sundays starting in October (I think). If I can make it down before too long I will as I have had the itch to play for sometime now but no one around here wants to. Also pm your number to me and I will store it this time!!! later bud...


Gary
 
Ya thats just what we need. More Rules!!!!! More Politics!!!
We are susposed to be a free Country but all there is is a bunch of rules. Cant do this, cant do that. Cant catch a fish if it is to small, cant race your car if you engine is to fast, cant play in the pool tournament if your speed is to high, cant use a phenolic tip, cant use a jump cue, cant ride a bike with out a helmet, I can go on and on here. Lets just add cant post multiple listings to the list!!!!

Can I smoke crack-cocaine with your children? No?? Oh.

We have rules because people *can't* think.
 
It's a free country, & as long as you assessed and accept the risk, do what you want

Ya thats just what we need. More Rules!!!!! More Politics!!!
We are susposed to be a free Country but all there is is a bunch of rules. Cant do this, cant do that. Cant catch a fish if it is to small, cant race your car if you engine is to fast, cant play in the pool tournament if your speed is to high, cant use a phenolic tip, cant use a jump cue, cant ride a bike with out a helmet, I can go on and on here. Lets just add cant post multiple listings to the list!!!!

John:

I posted this in reply to you in the "No Jump Cue Formats?" thread, but I think it might be useful to post it here in response as well...

[...]
I am so sick of rules!!! Cant do this, cant do that. I cant talk on the phone and drive, I cant drive with out wearing my seat belt. Now I cant use a jump cue? Really!!
John:

Everything in life is based on risk -- risk assessment. If you accept the risk, you don't have to follow the rules. Nobody's holding a gun to your head saying you can't talk on the phone and drive (sidenote: this must be a California rebel thing; all other states have implemented distracted driving laws with not nearly as many complaints as Californians). Nobody's holding a gun to your head saying you can't drive while not wearing your seat belt (sidenote: must be another California rebel thing; seat belts have been mandated by law for at least 20 years in all other states). And nobody's holding a gun to your head saying you can't use a jump cue.

If you've properly assessed the risk, and have determined for yourself that the consequences are worth the risk, then go ahead and do these things. Nobody's stopping you except a written piece of paper that you are expected to be familiar with (whether that be traffic law or the laws of the tournament). But don't come crying here when the consequences have caught up with you, and you "dislike" having to pay the piper -- whether that be a traffic citation/summons (or worse, a wrongful death lawsuit because you smashed into someone while arguing with another person on the cell phone); or your own death because you became part of the dashboard while in an accident yapping on your cell phone; or ejection from the tournament because you wouldn't abide by the tournament rules.

In summary: it's a free country, and it's your choice. You buy the risk, you own it.

-Sean

-Sean
 
Last edited:
OIn Modern Society were have too many RULES, to protect those with BRAINS, from the DUMBOS of the World.
xosO-109-1.jpg
 
I am glad you started this thread so that I can speak my mind.

I actually offered him $525 shipped and insured. He didn't want to go down from $550 shipped (buyer pays shipping). Not a big deal. I didn't think that was a lowball offer since it was only $25 + $15(paypal fee) less.

Most people would go down $25 or $50 when lowering a price.

He would go down on price like this: (unconventional) He must think we are stupid.

$700 shipped, buyer pays PP fees.
$675, buyer pays shipping and PP fees.
$650, shipped (no insurance), buyer pays PP fees, and so on, and so on.

I have since just ordered a 4 point cue from a cuemaker, since I didn't want to buy a PJ in the first place.

Before at $600, he said he would rather keep it rather than go lower in price.
Now, he says at $525, if it doesn't sell, he will keep it.

Then he has a "fire sale for 3 hours only", later that night "2 hour fire sale, after 2 hours...you will miss out", then yet again the next morning "here is the one and only fire sale" ???

This is a red flag that makes me wonder: if he has little credibility as a seller, how can I trust that the cue is in the same condition that he stated.

I agree with you. And you should see his latest response to me in his for sale thread. He's forgotten he started a thread here wondering why his cue wouldn't sell.
 
hmmm

Ya thats just what we need. More Rules!!!!! More Politics!!!
We are susposed to be a free Country but all there is is a bunch of rules. Cant do this, cant do that. Cant catch a fish if it is to small, cant race your car if you engine is to fast, cant play in the pool tournament if your speed is to high, cant use a phenolic tip, cant use a jump cue, cant ride a bike with out a helmet, I can go on and on here. Lets just add cant post multiple listings to the list!!!!

Yep. I"m assuming then you don't abide by the "rules" of a seller/cuemaker then as well. Completing a cue in a timely fashion, only using the best wood, using good inlays, no short cuts, turning out a quality product for your customer, keeping the buyer in the loop if there is a delay or problem, not utlitizing excuses for your own delays, providing exactly what buyer asked for, shipping it very securely and insured, refunding buyers money if product does not meet expectations, etc. etc.

Cause we know those are crazy rules to live by and we know you don't like "rules", thus, I'm assuming all AZB'ers should be looking elsewhere for a cue?? Thanks for the tip !
 
Back
Top