Is this an old Mali window cue?

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought this was an Abe Rich when I bought it.

Someone in the gallery suggested Mali.

Anyone know what it is?
2075711B-66A0-4436-A2A2-93961EAB3979.jpeg
45911542-3C12-4B5D-9C77-6BF0BCC0F571.jpeg
F61E7A51-A60B-4D7B-9AD6-F89B29E1EE8E.jpeg
2CA8EFAF-AB23-4AAA-820B-FFD378299660.jpeg

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could be Karl Meyer cue- NJ/PA area - cues were not signed too often. He did mostly Merry Widows with band work in the butt end.
I think Meyer is a long-shot, but who knows?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cue with so much length after the wrap from any of the candidates.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see now why Mali was suggested.

Also, learned that Mali was making cues for Rich.

I guess now I’m wondering when it was made, who was the individual who built it, and is it wrapped with Cortland?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see now why Mali was suggested.

Also, learned that Mali was making cues for Rich.

I guess now I’m wondering when it was made, who was the individual who built it, and is it wrapped with Cortland?
Yes, Cortland
Has aluminum rings.

So many copied each other...hard to say, but it's late 60s / early 70s for sure.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Yes, Cortland
Has aluminum rings.

So many copied each other...hard to say, but it's late 60s / early 70s for sure.
Doesn't look like Cortland. Looks like the Dacron Palmer used that resembled Cortland.

All the best,
WW

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still think Karl Meyer- is the joint screw 5/16 14 or 5/16 18? what part of the U.S. is the cue located now? I have seen that wrap on karl Meyer cues, I have seen most karl Meyer cues with various ringwork on the butt sleeve. Most if not all Karl Meyer cues were Merry Widows, they were piloted joints, even the bumper.

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still think Karl Meyer- is the joint screw 5/16 14 or 5/16 18? what part of the U.S. is the cue located now? I have seen that wrap on karl Meyer cues, I have seen most karl Meyer cues with various ringwork on the butt sleeve. Most if not all Karl Meyer cues were Merry Widows, they were piloted joints, even the bumper.
It’s in the northeast, but it just got here from Kansas.

The joint is 5/16x18.

I want it to be an Abe Rich; I’d like it if it were a Meyer, but I do believe Mali is correct... Not a bad thing.

I wonder if Karl Meyer did any Mali work.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s in the northeast, but it just got here from Kansas.

The joint is 5/16x18.

I want it to be an Abe Rich; I’d like it if it were a Meyer, but I do believe Mali is correct... Not a bad thing.

I wonder if Karl Meyer did any Mali work.
Karl Meyer used a 5/16 18 piloted joint. So another clue here possibly pointing to him. Doc Fry also made some cues looking like this and he put a penny under the bumper as to signify date on penny matching year of the cue construction. Can't rule out Rich either, Karl did not do Mali work. He mostly sold in NJ/PA areas via pool halls. Taking off the bumper could reveal a penny- then Doc Fry for sure, also, this would possibly reveal a weight bolt and the type of weight bolt would be a rather defining clue as well- ( philips head, allen head, blade head screw/bolt?)

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karl Meyer used a 5/16 18 piloted joint. So another clue here possibly pointing to him. Doc Fry also made some cues looking like this and he put a penny under the bumper as to signify date on penny matching year of the cue construction. Can't rule out Rich either, Karl did not do Mali work. He mostly sold in NJ/PA areas via pool halls. Taking off the bumper could reveal a penny- then Doc Fry for sure, also, this would possibly reveal a weight bolt and the type of weight bolt would be a rather defining clue as well- ( philips head, allen head, blade head screw/bolt?)
I think it’s a Mali or perhaps a Mali made for Rich, as another member has suggested.
E06C085A-8941-4A5E-A217-D7FAEC955ADF.jpeg