Is This Now An Auction Site ???

pooldogue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am wondering when A Z became an auction site?? More and more ads are stating (TAKING OFFERS) if you want to sell this way shouldnt you go to ebay ??? I know this is in the wrong forum but this is where many do the OFFER thing :)
 
there are allot who just would like to "test the waters" so to speak to see what the interest is on a paticular cue in the current market. if the interest and/or market is where they need it to be they entertain selling, if not they pack it back up and try again later. it can be as simple as that. i see nothing wrong with that at all.
 
skins said:
there are allot who just would like to "test the waters" so to speak to see what the interest is on a paticular cue in the current market. if the interest and/or market is where they need it to be they entertain selling, if not they pack it back up and try again later. it can be as simple as that. i see nothing wrong with that at all.


Tap Tap Tap
 
I thought he was talking about me since I posted an old Brunswick Balke Collender table on here last night and stated that I would accept any offers of $2125.00 or above so thanks Duke and Iowa Player and Skins for support, wonder if I'll get any above offers and Duke will tell you that I will do what I say. We have had a few deals on here and will have a few more I think. Thanks Leonard
 
I agree that listing a cue for sale without a price is not the best way to actually sell it. It's rarely successful for the poster.

For that matter, I just ignore the listing regardless of what my interest in the cue was or might have been.

Listing it here is really a virtual classified ad, it's not an auction or blind offer system. Prices, specs, pics, etc., are needed to sell something.

The exception is when a known (read: great rep) seller has a product for sale and they want to move it quickly - regardless of price. For example, JW Petree listed one of his conversion cues, "to the highest bidder by x-time". But this was a new cue that he built, and his reputation is flawless. And whether it went for $200.00 or $400.00 was OK with him, not this "if I get a magic number I'll sell it" crap.

But the Posters that think they're going to get offers of $1200.00 for a cue that sells for $850.00 in the secondary market are just wasting everyone's time.

They have the right to post, I suppose, as we have the right to ignore it. But it's nonetheless a futile exercise on their part.

Just my .02c

-von
 
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

I agree with a bunch of the REGULARS here :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :D

This is a pool related site....people want to buy and sell cues and stuff --what do you expect !?

S___tsky, I think this site is the BOMB as my kid might say....I dont' (really) understand the dismay my friend!!!???

Happy Holidays & Be Safe,

Ken :cool:
 
pooldogue said:
I am wondering when A Z became an auction site?? More and more ads are stating (TAKING OFFERS) if you want to sell this way shouldnt you go to ebay ??? I know this is in the wrong forum but this is where many do the OFFER thing :)

It really doesn't matter .. even if you offer a cue at fair price most people assume an inflated price, expect a discount and will try to bargain down. Some must have a special feature in their PM where they will automatically discount asking price by 40% - 50% :eek:
 
This Really isn't even close to EBAY

No Offense Anyone......I've been Ebaying for several years and a very bit of financial success. But, I really didn't give a ra__ts__s because, I was having fun doing something I really love to do :rolleyes:

So, AZ comes along.....not sure why or how.....but, here we go -- no fees -- and generally more informed folks and better cues for sale for less and/or equal $$$.

What's the f___ing PROBLEM????, yeah nobody is perfect, no forum is perfect yet, I'm very happy with my time spent here and would guesstimate that for the MOST PART everyone here is benefiting from the experience.....but, watch out for that BROWN ACID :mad: :( :o :confused: :eek: :cool: :D
 
Remember the Joke?

How many poolplayers does it take to screw in a light bulb? 3... 1 to change it out and the other 2 to criticize about how they would have done it better.

I really like this place and all of the people I have dealt with have been real honest and treated me as how they would like to be treated.

No more whinning.... Please...
 
Back
Top