Is THIS What It's Come To ?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
JAM said:
In fact, if you want to really shake up the joint, get as many people as you can to e-mail, phone, or write letters to:

Congressman C.W. Bill Young, serving Florida's 10th District:

Congressman Bill Young
(snip)
Let your voice be heard! These are your representatives in Congress. You'd be surprised how responsive they can be to their constituents' concerns, like the dwarf-throwing contests.

JAM

JAM, with all due respect, hiring guns (even in 3 piece suits and fine hats) to take away the owners' right to do whatever they want with THEIR property is NOT the answer to this problem.

Here's the answer:

DON'T GO THERE ANYMORE if you don't like it...and tell the owners why.

AND stop supporting those (see JAM"S list for a start) who hurt our sport.

Jeff Livingston

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is rediculous

A pool should be treated with respect and be fore the pool and snooker players to play pool in.I ll never have midget tossin alowed in the pool hall,and i dont blame the guy fore complaining about it.Because I ll complain to. I'd say boycot the midget tossing and the cage activity that is goin on where it is not appropiated in the pool hall.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Yeah ...

Rack Girls in bikini thongs would be cheaper, and would pack the house!!!!

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Is This What It's Come To?

Want serious pool on good equipment (GC1's)? Try
Family Billiards on Rogers St. in Clearwater.
Definitly a 'players' room. The place opens at 9:30 am 7
days a week.

kennyratt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Smorg., I feel your pain!! I live in rural N.C.; we had only 1 good pool hall/ bar and the owner slowly got rid of the tables and turned it into a resturaunt/ bar. It sucks so bad out here, I had to go purchase my own Diamond table, just to play. Regards, Kennyratt

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's a shame Smorg, that's truly a good room gone bad! i go there 10 or 12 times a year for different tournaments, and it has always been one of my favorite places to play! why would you even buy the place just to wreck it? what a moron! oh well, i'm sure you'll survive with all the other nices rooms over there!...........jeremy

firehawk062

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really sad to hear. I have been there quite a few times for different tournaments, and just for fun while visiting my best friend who lives in Tampa. I have always bragged on that pool room. I like the atmosphere, the tables, and the employees were always great. Chris, who used to be a manager I think, is a lot of fun! And there was a girl who used to work behind the bar, she may still, who always remembered what kind of beer I drink even though she only saw me once or twice a year. I hope this is somekind of "phase" and it will eventually pass.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Grrrrrrrr

firehawk062 said:
Really sad to hear. I have been there quite a few times for different tournaments, and just for fun while visiting my best friend who lives in Tampa. I have always bragged on that pool room. I like the atmosphere, the tables, and the employees were always great. Chris, who used to be a manager I think, is a lot of fun! And there was a girl who used to work behind the bar, she may still, who always remembered what kind of beer I drink even though she only saw me once or twice a year. I hope this is somekind of "phase" and it will eventually pass.

That sounds like Bree (or Rachael).... Chris was alot of fun and you could always count on winning some money, if you could get him into a pool or poker game. Former employees are now Banned from the premises...
Doug

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why aren't regulars going to pool halls anymore? Nothing is more depressing than going to a pool hall and finding no serious pool players at all.

I find hanging at the pool hall to be one of the most enjoyable things to do when the right mix of people are there, but it can also be the most boring place on earth when no one is around.

firehawk062

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
That sounds like Bree (or Rachael).... Chris was alot of fun and you could always count on winning some money, if you could get him into a pool or poker game. Former employees are now Banned from the premises...
Doug

Pretty sure it was Rachael. She is awesome! Yeah, I used to hit some around with Chris when he had time, but we never bet anything.

Why on earth are the former employees banned??

poolshark52

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im with you smorgass bored!

Smorgass Bored said:
Shorty didn't buy Planet 9 Ball, but he WILL be participating in the wheelchair event next weekend (it was already scheduled,prior to the sale of the room).
They are NOT having 'midget tossing', as that is Banned in most states.

Strokers is indeed a well run room and Jose does a great job there. Dan Lavoie is experiencing a good growth in his customer base at Hammer Heads also. There are about a dozen rooms within a 20 mile drive, but I'm going to miss the players at Planet 9 Ball.

Barb and I are going to boycott P-9-Ball. As a matter of fact, we are both going to the Asian Nail Salon right next door to P-9-Ball in about an hour for pedicures and relaxation in the massage chair and we're NOT going into the poolroom as previously planned. (I'll be watching out for the giant falling beer can during my pedicure...:) ) You have to keep your toenails neatly trimmed with diabetes and since I can't see my feet, it's come to this..... dammit ! I'll be wearing the glasses with the big fake nose and moustache attached in the nail salon (I'm hoping that all my poolplaying friends are still asleep while I'm in the salon)...
Doug
( midget wrestling ? what the hell are they thinking )

plenty of good places like cm's and family billiards in clearwater .the people are nice and you can even get some action in the afternoon!
but it was a great room with good food also. my last time there was at a fla pro tour and ended up playing nick varner streight pool till 7am! the stayed open all night for us! i can say that i wont miss the place but i know the feeling when it is your home room. sorry man!

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
poolshark52 said:
plenty of good places like cm's and family billiards in clearwater .the people are nice and you can even get some action in the afternoon!
but it was a great room with good food also. my last time there was at a fla pro tour and ended up playing nick varner streight pool till 7am! the stayed open all night for us! i can say that i wont miss the place but i know the feeling when it is your home room. sorry man!

I may have seen you playing Nicky. Were you the person that he was spotting 50 points to 125 for 50 jellybeans a game (playing on table #5 right in front of the glass display case) ?

firemankc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
I may have seen you playing Nicky. Were you the person that he was spotting 50 points to 125 for 50 jellybeans a game (playing on table #5 right in front of the glass display case) ?

Doug, Do any of the Midgets play one pocket.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Are You Trying To Make A Little Score

Casey said:
Doug, Do any of the Midgets play one pocket.

Two of them played, but they didn't gamble.
They were always a little short.
Doug
(one of them even got offended when I asked him, "and, how's the little lady:....go figure)

poolhall maven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So Doug, how is strokers 2 coming? Have they opened the doors yet? I think the new place will make everyone happy and I don't expect Jose' will have midget wrassling...
The Bay Area Amatuer Tour (just ladies, sorry fellas) is scheduled to play there next month I think. I'll probably play just to see how the Old Planet 9Ball has turned out.

bigskyjake

you heard the man
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Two of them played, but they didn't gamble.
They were always a little short.
Doug
(one of them even got offended when I asked him, "and, how's the little lady:....go figure)

Plus, if they gamble, who the hell's gonna put the cash on the light

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im just pissed they took out the hip hop music, :mad: racist's

i dont go to pool rooms much on fri-sat nights anyways unless a friend calls etc. to many people, noise etc. I like playing in the afternoons or week nights.