It’s not the league

Willowbrook Wolfy

Going pro
Gold Member
i have zero desire to be on a pool team, or play by those goofy rules, or use the goofy handicaps.

im just not terribly extroverted and have a hard time approaching strangers to find a game. i’m working on it though.
If you can get good enough, they’ll start coming to you…..But I did have a guy come up to me one night to shoot around. Figured after a game in he was at most a 6. First game or 2 is always to check your competition…….thats going into a quotes by Wolfy thread😉j/k. But I’m also checking my internal fargorate calculator right now in another thread. It’s usually within about 20 points up to 700. Sorry for the side note there. Asked him if he was a five or six. He verified he was a five. Not an egomaniac or anything. We played all night for fun. It was a great time.
So there are games out there. He just walked over and asked if he could get in for a game while I was racking. Good timing!

Rusty Dutch

On the rare occasions I do get beat it’s because I was playing really poorly and/or the other player got incredibly lucky.

I’ve never met anyone capable of beating my best game.

This psychology has served me well for many years. I just smile when someone thinks they beat me. Poor dumb bastards just don’t get it.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Going pro
Gold Member
On the rare occasions I do get beat it’s because I was playing really poorly and/or the other player got incredibly lucky.

I’ve never met anyone capable of beating my best game.

This psychology has served me well for many years. I just smile when someone thinks they beat me. Poor dumb bastards just don’t get it.
Good outlook!