I've never seen such Kamui tip before

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
look at the one I installed today. I didn't examine it before glued it on, as, like mentioned, I've never seen one being in such condition. Well, it's only the first one of dozens that went through, but still "Quality Check passed" is not expected for such of a kind. Actually it looks more crooked in reality than in the picture.

kamuitip_1.jpg

That is Kamui Clear Black S, original as it is, not counterfeit.

kamuitip_2.jpg

Enigmaticul

Banned
The guy at Kamuitips will make it right if you talk to him I am sure. He did the same for me with a kamui that had a air pocket in it. Considering so much quantity is present you are bound to find a dud every once in a while.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
look at the one I installed today. I didn't examine it before glued it on, as, like mentioned, I've never seen one being in such condition. Well, it's only the first one of dozens that went through, but still "Quality Check passed" is not expected for such of a kind. Actually it looks more crooked in reality than in the picture.

View attachment 315460

That is Kamui Clear Black S, original as it is, not counterfeit.

View attachment 315461

If the only problem with the tip is that it has a cant it's probably o.k. as by the time it is trimmed to fit the cue and shaped you wouldn't be able to tell it from any other Kamui.

Dick

BigDon

DESi Customs
Silver Member
I worked a tournament yesterday and found one almost just like it. I don't remember what hardness it was but it cleaned up fine after install.

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like most laminated tips, Kamuis are made up in stacked sheets (like plywood) and then punched out into disks. As long as the tip cleans up on the outside (at final diameter) it won't make one lick of difference to the playability.

TW

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
For their price they should be closer to perfect than that.
I second all of the above statements about this tip coming out just the same in the end after trimming and all that stuff. But SWANIE is god damn right to the nail with his post. Like I put it in the title, I've never expected to meet such tip leave the doors of the factory.

Good I didn't try to install it with a Tip Centralizer I own :grin-square: Would have turned out with same result, but the shock :eek: would have been stronger