Jacoby Black - 12.7

crazy8legs

Registered
Anyone have any feedback on the 12.7 Jacoby Black cf shaft? I've shot with their 12.3 and liked it, but it's just too skinny for my taste. I'm most curious about its feel and deflection. Thanks.

skiergd011013

I myself am using a pechauer rogue 12.4. Its my first cf shaft. I have been playing with a mcdermott g core for over a decade and just switched. I absolutely love it. I went with the rogue because many say it does not have that metallic ping that many cfs have, and it is the one allison fisher likes and recommends. It has the same tip as my old shaft, but for whatever reason, with the new cue, it now takes half the effort to draw the cueball. Good luck with your choice.
20220529_205530.jpg

Last edited:

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Jacoby black 12.7, and also 3 Jacoby Ultra's at 12.75. Bought the Black 12.7 so it would more match up with my Ultras. Can't really say that its more or less deflection than my Ultras. The shaft is extremely smooth and slippery, no ping when hit almost wood like hit, no glove needed, but I still use my Ultras and feel I am a little more consistent with them. I still practice with the Black from time to time and sometimes shoot great with it, and other times not so much. Not sure why, maybe it's just the fact that I'm better able to see my shot alignment with a wood shaft, or that the black shaft is so slippery. I do seem to have slightly more draw and ball travel with the black shaft, even though some say it's not possible. Probably just the difference in tips. I will say that every one of my friends that has tried my black shaft has really liked it.

crazy8legs

Registered
I have a Jacoby black 12.7, and also 3 Jacoby Ultra's at 12.75. Bought the Black 12.7 so it would more match up with my Ultras. Can't really say that its more or less deflection than my Ultras. The shaft is extremely smooth and slippery, no ping when hit almost wood like hit, no glove needed, but I still use my Ultras and feel I am a little more consistent with them. I still practice with the Black from time to time and sometimes shoot great with it, and other times not so much. Not sure why, maybe it's just the fact that I'm better able to see my shot alignment with a wood shaft, or that the black shaft is so slippery. I do seem to have slightly more draw and ball travel with the black shaft, even though some say it's not possible. Probably just the difference in tips. I will say that every one of my friends that has tried my black shaft has really liked it.

Thanks for taking the time to give some great feedback. This was exactly what I was looking for.

I have two CF shafts now but they both deflect more than my ld wood shafts (last night I think I finally accepted that). I don't want to have to factor that back in to my aiming, so I'm shelving them for now (and yeah I know some people play lights out with them, but even Joshua Filler went back to wood). But it sucks because I love not having to worry about dings or smoothness of the shaft. Just wipe and go.

Jmo but i think we're still really on version 1.0 of the CF shafts. I think 2.0 will be where is at. But we'll see.

IGotLucky

PM me if you'd like to part with the Black please.