Jacoby BlaCk Carbon Fiber Shaft

Jwayne84

Okay great will you let me know when u get it in please would be greatly appreciated! I got mine at the derby city and didn’t realize it did not say black on it strange to me but it came from jacoby booth......let me know thanks a lot my friend !!!

northshoremb

Registered
Okay great will you let me know when u get it in please would be greatly appreciated! I got mine at the derby city and didn’t realize it did not say black on it strange to me but it came from jacoby booth......let me know thanks a lot my friend !!!
I know they have Black "Seconds" shaft that just have a cosmetic flaw in CF so they dont put any words on so maybe that's what you got. You can get them way cheaper. My 30" is a seconds and got for $300 and my 29" is a store version and paid $375

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Jwayne84

Okay let me know man when u get it please ! I got this one down at the derby city classic from jacoby but didn’t realize that untill I got home 2hrs away:(

Bob Callahan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've just seen on FB some discussions about X-ray pictures of Revo, Cynergy and Jacoby Black. From what I see and having my opinion about the construction...well to be short me personally liking first two more. At least it is interesting to look at such pictures to make some conclusions.
Please share a link to the FB place where these were discussed.

chenjy9

Received mine today. Very disappointed in the quality control. I may just have a lemon, but I would expect more from a $480 shaft. I have decided to order the Mezz Ignite instead.

Here you can see a visible seam that runs the length of the shaft. I do not see this on my Revo.
Jacoby2.JPG

Here you can see the finish is missing and you can see the underlying CF layer honeycomb pattern.
Jacoby1.JPG

FYI, my Mezz Ignite has a visible seam as well under direct lighting. It doesn't bother me, but it may bother you. I was told it was part of their manufacturing process.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please share a link to the FB place where these were discussed.
Sorry but it's at least two years since that discussion and I don't have a link.
Anyway the best way is to find possibility to try the shafts at the table to see which feels the best...especially when it comes to the taper because you won't be able to change that.