Jacoby Black v4 feedback

_tony_

Registered
Hi everyone,
I've ordered a cue from Jacoby and before the order will ship I will have to specify if to have it with and Ultra or Black shaft.
I'm currently playing with a Rogue 12.4, although I will switch to a 11.8/11.75.
My question is to anyone that have tested both or just the Black in comparison to other CF shafts.
I would like to have some feedback in order to take a decision on which to order.
Sadly in Europe is not easy to find players with Jacoby equipment, otherwise I would have played a bit with both and made up my mind easily.

Blindly, I would order the black 11.8, although I as mentioned I haven't played with the Black shaft and I'm not a fan of Revo, like the Cynergy and the rogue, liked the BeCue Prime, no experience with Ignite.

Any insights?

Thanks

zetetikos

Hi everyone,
I've ordered a cue from Jacoby and before the order will ship I will have to specify if to have it with and Ultra or Black shaft.
I'm currently playing with a Rogue 12.4, although I will switch to a 11.8/11.75.
My question is to anyone that have tested both or just the Black in comparison to other CF shafts.
I would like to have some feedback in order to take a decision on which to order.
Sadly in Europe is not easy to find players with Jacoby equipment, otherwise I would have played a bit with both and made up my mind easily.

Blindly, I would order the black 11.8, although I as mentioned I haven't played with the Black shaft and I'm not a fan of Revo, like the Cynergy and the rogue, liked the BeCue Prime, no experience with Ignite.

Any insights?

Thanks
I have both the current gen black, a becue engage and an ultra. I really prefer the current gen black over others.

It's not got the ping sound of a revo, it sounds more like wood then the becue. Revo has less deflection but not by much.

If you find yourself in NL let me know, you're welcome to try a few shots.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I have the current generation Black Jacoby, it is my 2nd favorite CF shaft of the ones I own or have owned. In order of preference, they are:

Mezz Ignite
Jacoby Black
Predator Revo (2)
Jacoby 2nd Generation (sold)
Meucci CF Pro
McDermott Defy (sold)

I've played some with the Cynergy shaft as well, didn't really care for it

CavinTan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Closest CF to conventional wood shafts imo. In terms of feedback & deflection.
It is marketed as LD, but it is closer to a normal conventional tbh. I like it.

Hit is rather muffled, would recommend a hard tip for a killer combo ( i usually play with elk masters, so this is unlike me to say.)

My only unhappiness with the V4s is that it is oversized at the joint (about 0.870"), not sure why jacoby does this.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Any insights?

Thanks
Here's a write up I did recently, And I disagree with the post above saying its close to deflection of wood, I feel its as low with the top ld carbon names but it could just be the way I shoot, I use front hang English and parallel occasionally. I agree it has way better feedback than any carbon shaft I have tried. I have had zero deflection issues or adjustments... The shaft is amazing, it just feels good and fun to shoot with!

Reactions: GC7

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
UPDATE! Modifications! Though the Jacoby v4 black shaft is a wonderful product I decided to do some modifications to the material used for the vault plate/ferrule material. For me the material used was to soft and sticky sounding for my liking after removing the Kamui clear S tip and trying many different firmer tips. I decided to go with a linen based micarta ferrule, this created for me a dream made in heaven. Many may know that Micarta is a firm material but also extremely light weight, The shaft hits firm now with fantastic feedback but still no crazy loud think vocals some people dread. My current set up with a SIB medium cool blue tip. Here are some pictures, as you can see the ferrule when cut is more white but im sure with time will turn to the soft translucent yellow.

Attachments

• E9D3F673-CAAB-40A9-AC02-2F2E85E188BF.jpg
    E9D3F673-CAAB-40A9-AC02-2F2E85E188BF.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 84
  • BCE1FF4D-5287-4950-BA71-1C31CF1DB416.jpg
    BCE1FF4D-5287-4950-BA71-1C31CF1DB416.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 67

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I have the current generation Black Jacoby, it is my 2nd favorite CF shaft of the ones I own or have owned. In order of preference, they are:

Mezz Ignite
Jacoby Black
Predator Revo (2)
Jacoby 2nd Generation (sold)
Meucci CF Pro
McDermott Defy (sold)

I've played some with the Cynergy shaft as well, didn't really care for it

Update - not that anyone asked.....

I recently purchased the newest generation of Mezz Ignite, at a whopping $680, for my new Meucci Diamond Butt. The seam on the shaft was extremely pronounced and the sheen was distracting. I took it out of the cheap box, looked it over, and immediately repackaged it to send back.

I also purchased the V4.0 generation of the Jacoby Black. It looks and plays awesome. I already had the Jacoby Black v2.0. The taper on the v4.0 is much different. The hit is very nice. I'm keeping this one in my stable.

Right now I have the following, in order of preference :

Mezz Ignite (1)
Jacoby 4.0 (1)
Jacoby 2.0 (1)
Meucci CF Pro (6)
Predator Revo (2)