Jacoby Black vs Mezz Ignite vs Cuetec Cynergy

DrewRgnr

Registered
Hey guys! I have jacoby black shaft but i wonder has anybody compared the Jacoby Black, Mezz Ignite and aslo Cuetec Cynergy Carbon shafts.

Since their diameter between jacoby and ignite around the same size is it play the same?

There's some good offer with ignite shaft, is it worth to upgrade to ignite from jacoby black? Or even the cuetec better than those 2?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys! I have jacoby black shaft but i wonder has anybody compared the Jacoby Black, Mezz Ignite and aslo Cuetec Cynergy Carbon shafts.

Since their diameter between jacoby and ignite around the same size is it play the same?

There's some good offer with ignite shaft, is it worth to upgrade to ignite from jacoby black? Or even the cuetec better than those 2?
Good luck getting any feedback from anyone other than possibly a dealer who has tried out all three.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven’t played with the Jacoby shaft, but I can tell you that both the Cynergy and the Ignite are excellent shafts. I have been primarily using the Cynergy 12.5 for the last 12 months. I did buy the 11.8 when it came out and tried it for a while too, but liked the 12.5 better mainly due to the longer taper.

The Ignite was the first CF shaft I tried and had my favorite feel out of any, but I sold the cue it fit and the shaft. Now that Mezz is making a 3/8x10 Ignite, I ordered it as soon at I saw it on their site and it’s being delivered today. I have come to really like the Cynergy 12.5 but I am looking forward testing the Ignite again.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven’t played with the Jacoby shaft, but I can tell you that both the Cynergy and the Ignite are excellent shafts. I have been primarily using the Cynergy 12.5 for the last 12 months. I did buy the 11.8 when it came out and tried it for a while too, but liked the 12.5 better mainly due to the longer taper.

The Ignite was the first CF shaft I tried and had my favorite feel out of any, but I sold the cue it fit and the shaft. Now that Mezz is making a 3/8x10 Ignite, I ordered it as soon at I saw it on their site and it’s being delivered today. I have come to really like the Cynergy 12.5 but I am looking forward testing the Ignite again.
Now that Mezz is offering custom joints for their Ignite shaft for players to use with other brands of cue butts, I’m curious how they are planning to match up the diameters of the shaft at the joint to match the diameter of the butt at the joint? When you placed your custom order, did you have to stipulate an exact 3 digit decimal measurement at the joint so it would match?

Last edited:

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now that Mezz is offering custom joints for their Ignite shaft for players to use with other brands of cue butts, I’m curious how they are planning to match up the diameters of the shaft at the joint to match the diameter of the butt at the joint? When you placed your custom order, did you have to stipulate an exact 3 digit decimal measurement at the joint so it would match?
That wasn’t an option. The Scruggs that I used the ignite on before fit up nicely. I will Post later today on the fit to my Diveney

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That wasn’t an option. The Scruggs that I used the ignite on before fit up nicely. I will Post later today on the fit to my Diveney
Hopefully it will fit pretty well. If I was spending $600 on a custom shaft, I would make sure to stipulate the exact size of the diameter requested at the joint.

RunEmOut08

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hopefully it will fit pretty well. If I was spending $600 on a custom shaft, I would make sure to stipulate the exact size of the diameter requested at the joint.
Specs on the shaft are 3.8 oz and .839 at the joint. should do fine for most cues. unfortunate part is that the shaft doesn't fit on my modified 3/8x 10 pin on my Diveney. I have emailed Mezz since there was no option to choose one or the other (like Cuetec does). so hopefully I will hear back from them tomorrow and figure a plan of action.