Jacoby Hybrid Edge or Predator Z shaft?

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a 314^2 shaft right now and I want to try something new. Im thinking either a Z shaft or a Jacoby Hybrid Edge. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

twal

"W"
Silver Member
Go with the edge. However your post very subjective. You will likely get multiple opinions.

Muziq

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deflection Comparison?

Try the SS360 from BD cues , you will be surprised how good this shaft is .

How does the deflection of the SS360 compare to the other LD shafts you've tried (please list the others you've tried in your reply)?

Muziq

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jacoby Hybrid Edge

Go with the edge. However your post very subjective. You will likely get multiple opinions.

What are your thoughts on the Jacoby Hybrid Edge? How does the deflection compare to the other LD shafts you've tried?

twal

"W"
Silver Member
It deflects more than a z2. What i like about it is the feel compared to other ld shafts. Mine is a little stiffer. My edge is 12.75 but you can have yours down to 11.75 or what ever you like.

The best thing imo is that you can speak with David Jacoby and tell him exactly waht you want and they will build it.

I dont think predator can or will do that.

RSCA HOOLIGAN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does the deflection of the SS360 compare to the other LD shafts you've tried (please list the others you've tried in your reply)?

The Z2 has the least deflection of all I tried but the shaft has just no feel , I played with it for more than a year .
The SS360 I tried at 12mm comes pretty close to the Z2 but has a lot more feedback and a much more solid hit , it deflects less than the 314-2 .
I ordered a 12,4mm and I think it will still deflect less than the 314-2 .
I've been searching and testing all kinds of LD shafts the last 6 months and I'm glad I found the SS360 , this shaft is out of this world .

GAVI

Registered
AS LD shafts of 12.75 compared as deflection, quality and feel, I agree with twal - EDGE seems to be the first choice. I feel that SS360 and OB Classic are next, than 314-2 of Predator.

taemin952

XiaoTing Pan's Soulmate
Silver Member
314-2 turned down?

Anyone have thoughts about the deflection properties of a Predator 314-2 or Jacorby Edge turned down to 12.25 to 12.5mm? Would you think it would deflect as little as the Z2?

Thanks!

SoniDJ

what's in your wallet
Silver Member
Edge all the way! why?....I know where they are made. What's wrong with a quality maple shaft? Learning a low deflection stroke is much more efficient!
Anyone have thoughts about the deflection properties of a Predator 314-2 or Jacorby Edge turned down to 12.25 to 12.5mm? Would you think it would deflect as little as the Z2?

Thanks!