JB Cue Ball Holder

chenjy9

I wanted to ask before pulling the trigger and adding it... For those of you who have the cue ball holder accessory for JB Rugged cases, how firmly does that thing hold cue balls? Last thing I want is for the ball to pop out and possibly damage my cues and could always go the Ballsack route. I don't believe that John would design anything or put his name on anything that could damage a case, but I would still like some usage impressions in the wild. Thanks!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I do not have, I have seen in Basic Rugged Case with said accessory, it works, holds ball well, does not damage ball. If I was ordering, I would have the accessory.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only thing I would suggest is if you’re ordering a new case specify you want the taller lid. I’ve seen people just buy the holder and put it in a regular lid and the cue ball with dip into the cavity and contact your cues.

chenjy9

Only thing I would suggest is if you’re ordering a new case specify you want the taller lid. I’ve seen people just buy the holder and put it in a regular lid and the cue ball with dip into the cavity and contact your cues.

Good point. Just sent them an email. I confirmed the order today (technically yesterday now) so I hope it's not too late.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good point. Just sent them an email. I confirmed the order today (technically yesterday now) so I hope it's not too late.
I’m sure it’ll be fine. Last case I ordered I made a small change 3-4 weeks after and Asia emailed me back the same day and took care of it no problem.

chenjy9

I’m sure it’ll be fine. Last case I ordered I made a small change 3-4 weeks after and Asia emailed me back the same day and took care of it no problem.

Awesome to hear! I have absolute confidence I will love the case no matter what, but that quality of life and precautious adjustment of the lid would be a welcome addition.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
does the cue ball sit on top of the pins or butts of the cues?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
1626277974384.jpeg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
does the cue ball sit on top of the pins or butts of the cues?
If the lid is the standard 1.25" depth then the ball will be partially inside the cavity and depending on the length of cues might be in contact with them. Most folks will put a small towel or something inside to provide a little cushion if they feel it needs it.

If the lid is taller then the ball will fit completely inside the lid.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a JB case but don't have a CB holder; but however confident I am that he has built a great product that will last for years I simply wouldn't trust myself or others so I would probably have JP's on all the cues in the case if I also had a CB in there.