Jeanette Lee appearance at Amsterdam Billiards in NYC

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Came across this on FB.
We invite you to an exclusive event with the world famous, Jeanette Lee "The Black Widow", in her first NYC appearance in a decade!
🎱
Jeanette will be performing trick shots, answering questions from the audience and even playing challenge matches (9-Ball) against some of the spectators
‼️
Only 50 tickets are available, so this will sell out! [Tickets are $75]
💗
100% of ticket sales will be donated to Jeanette's family fund
🎟️
To secure your ticket please email Maria Leto at: maria.leto@amsterdambilliards.com

Attachments

• 315595404_10160519715564359_5051360019355577977_n.jpg
    315595404_10160519715564359_5051360019355577977_n.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 113

telinoz

Registered
Came across this on FB.
We invite you to an exclusive event with the world famous, Jeanette Lee "The Black Widow", in her first NYC appearance in a decade!
🎱
Jeanette will be performing trick shots, answering questions from the audience and even playing challenge matches (9-Ball) against some of the spectators
‼️
Only 50 tickets are available, so this will sell out! [Tickets are $75]
💗
100% of ticket sales will be donated to Jeanette's family fund
🎟️
To secure your ticket please email Maria Leto at: maria.leto@amsterdambilliards.com
She has recovered well.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I wasn't doing my own show the same date I would make the trip there to see her. If anyone is close enough to go, do it!

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I booked my seat this morning. If anyone is visiting and wants to shoot some before or after post up.

GentlemanJames

I love Jeanette's story; being her personal story of her struggles and her pursuit of learning the game, despite all the factors working against her, as presented in her book: 'The Black Widow's Guide to Killer Pool'.

There is enough drama, story, character, and internal/external conflicts in her story to make for a great "Pool Movie". Who knows, perhaps this is the film Hollyweird needed to make back around 2010-ish to give us another massive pool resurgence with the general public; as was the after-effect of The Hustler '61, and The Color of Money '86.

Seems we need one of these big films every 25 years to keep 'Joe and Jane Average' buying cues and patronizing pool halls, so billiard equipment manufacturers and pool rooms don't shutter their operations.

That would have been a good thing... Pool Halls swarming with fresh, young hotties taking the green felt in droves - and the new herd of young guys who would follow them inside with their new cues and cases... and their wallets! - all hyped-up and inspired by a big technicolor movie of Jeanette's story of struggle and triumph.

By my estimation, we are about 15 years past-due for such a movie... and it shows. - GJ

Last edited:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I love Jeanette's story; being her personal story of her struggles and her pursuit of learning the game, despite all the factors working against her, as presented in her book: 'The Black Widow's Guide to Killer Pool'.

There is enough drama, story, character, and internal/external conflicts in her story to make for a great "Pool Movie". Who knows, perhaps this is the film Hollyweird needed to make back around 2010-ish to give us another massive pool resurgence with the general public; as was the after-effect of The Hustler '61, and The Color of Money '86.

Seems we need one of these big films every 25 years to keep 'Joe and Jane Average' buying cues and patronizing pool halls, so billiard equipment manufacturers and pool rooms don't shutter their operations.

That would have been a good thing... Pool Halls swarming with fresh, young hotties taking the green felt in droves - and the new herd of young guys who would follow them inside with their new cues and cases... and their wallets! - all hyped-up and inspired by a big technicolor movie of Jeanette's story of struggle and triumph.

By my estimation, we are about 15 years past-due for such a movie... and it shows. - GJ
She is such a wonderful, classy, human being. I wish nothing but blessings upon her. She has been a tremendous, and positive ambassador for the game. 🙏😎

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member