Jerico Stinger

Dale Nichols

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerico Stinger Opinion

I was thinking about getting another jump break cue and retire the J&J.
Let's hear the good and bad about the Stinger versus whatever you have compared it to.

Dale

Last edited:

BPG24

Banned
Dale Nichols said:
I was thinking about getting another jump break cue and retire the J&J.
Let's hear the good and bad about the Stinger versus whatever you have compared it to.

Dale

I have had many J/B's including
Stinger
Mace
Preadator BK1
Original Sledgehammer
and countless others with lessor names

My opinion is that the Stinger is by far the best all-around J/B, because not only do you get the spread of a sledgehammer, it is much easier to control the cue ball.... Which IMO is very important...
I had the cocobolo model 18oz... I only got rid of it b/c I quit pool... now that I am starting to play again, I will get another one...

The Mace is a close second.... Again, the ability to control the cue ball is excellent on this cue...

If you want a J/B that has unbelievable spread/action, but don't care as much about cue ball control, i reccomend that you find an original Sledgehammer...

I hope this helps..

Last edited:

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
The only bad thing about my personal Stinger is:

Every time I take it out of my case, all the cueballs on the surroundining tables start jumping for joy.

Best B/J I've ever owned.....SPF=randy.

PS: Did I say it came with a lifetime warranty.

I rack balls

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My only complaint was that the shaft had a clear coat finish on it like a butt. Jumps nice, especially full cue. A little hard to control the cue ball at first but you'll get it, nice power.

Eric.

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
I rack balls said:
My only complaint was that the shaft had a clear coat finish on it like a butt. Jumps nice, especially full cue. A little hard to control the cue ball at first but you'll get it, nice power.

Eric.

I agree about the finish on the Stinger shaft. I wasn't really comfortable with the taper either. Performance wise, it did break well and jumped even better.

About a year ago, I went with a Varney and haven't thought twice about it since.

Good luck with your search.

incidentslip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, Varney is the way to go for the money. You'll have to scour the used market though, as Kevin is booked up for over a year.

BPG24

Banned
Irish634 said:
I agree about the finish on the Stinger shaft. I wasn't really comfortable with the taper either. Performance wise, it did break well and jumped even better.

About a year ago, I went with a Varney and haven't thought twice about it since.

Good luck with your search.

The shaft is tapered that way to improve the performance... Breaking/Jumping...

1hit1der

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the Stinger and love using it. I haven't really tried any other j/b, but I guess I really don't have a reason to. The taper is a little different than typical cues, but I forget about it when I'm down ready to unload. On the jump side, I think it's heavier than a lot of dedicated jump sticks, but it's easy enough to control and add spin to the ball. If you're feeling adventurous, you can jump a full blocking ball from half a table away, just make sure your target ball is far enough away so the cue ball won't hit it and jump off the table afterwards.