JL Calcutta,, Tourney Director

seems right to me

UrackmIcrackm said:
There are some on here that have never spent any amount of time with JL or have only seen her on tv or at some autograph session posting their opinions. Like some others on here, I'm not one of those people. I've been around her enough to know that there are some "Prima Donna" issues with JL and can full well believe that the other guys story is pretty much how it happened, just as corvette has stated above. I've been around her enough to see this being the case.

She was all but mortified that the IPT didn't call her and ask her to play on their tour, even though everyone outside of the top UPA players (some agreement was reached with KT & CW IIRC) had to apply. Anyone remember that article? Apparently not. It wasn't her most flattering interview. Like many people that have a public persona and have risen to a certain level of fame, if you will, have the tendency to "expect things to be done for them" or expect that at the very least they'll get what they want. These personalities tend to get genuinely offended that someone dared to not bow to them and their whims.

She was upset but probably not because the guy said something that most would've found offensive but because of the fact that JL finds someone telling her "no" offensive.

He did his part. He walked over to her and offered to let her have half. Once he did that, it was all on her. If she's too busy playing PR for her fans then she shouldn't commit to something that is going to require her to take time out of her busy schedule, like giving the guy $70.

As far as outward appearances go, she is an ambassador to the sport and she does work with a lot of charities, etc, etc, etc. Remember, at the end of the day, everything she does, benefits her too. This is the personality trait that I've observed in my time around JL. It's not a crime and there's plenty of people like that in the world.

I've witnessed too much of JL's personality traits to think it was anything other than her being offended by being told "no". I don't think she was waiting to see how she did but I do think that she thought it was "ok to pay whenever because she's JL". Just my .02 in this sea of threads about the situation.

After reading the buyer's account on the other thread, I agree with you on this...........He also said the first time the TD contacted him was at 8pm....the Calcutta was over at 2pm.......6 hours later is sooooooo late......your scenario as described seems to be right on the money now............
 
All is well that ends...

Thank heavens all the speculation is over. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

However, despite all the rhetoric on this subject, I have learned quite a bit about Calcutta's (the auction, not the city), which I have never participated in one.

The most important thing I have learned is...Stay away from them!
 
Back
Top