JL Calcutta,, Tourney Director

You know, this is just a bunch of garbage.
Where the heck are the paparazzi when you need them.
WHERE THE HECK ARE THE SECRET CELL PHONE VIDEOS!!!!!!

You know some idiot out there has them, and could settle this whole thing.

But then again, if people just popped out their cell phones and started recording, i'm sure that certain individuals would have completely changed their behavior.

CELL PHONES PEOPLE!!!

LEARN FOR THE NEXT TIME!!!!

If name player ______ walks in, film everything, so when things go down the toilet, you can be the lone voice that can post up the truth.

That's what i'm going to be doing on the sidelines from now on.

If i see one player getting out of hand, or some type of argument, I"M FILMING IT so the world can see what a jackass they truly are.
 
chris_williams said:
I really dont see how anyone can make judgements about J.L. or the person buying her in the calcutta when none of us were there.

Well it's getting easier now that we have about a thesis worth of writing from 18 different viewpoints on the matter that all seem to suggest the exact same course of events and only help to reaffirm the validity of the story.
 
Travis Bickle said:
Sounds like she may have "heard" rudeness just in having her intentions and ethics questioned. From her reaction, I'd guess she had no such ideas in her head

I kind of read into it the other way. I think she probably knew how it would look, probably at least in part "did" intend to hedge her bet as she did say "let me check some things out first" when she was asked if she wanted half, but she never assumed that she would be called on it. When she did get called on it she got embarrased that someone would actually put it on her and hit so close to the truth, she got mad and quit the tournament.

At the end of the day I will disagree with what was said in the other thread, she is no saint. But ya know what? This puts her alot closer to your average pool player. There are alot fo players who would not do this, but there are alot that would.

She is definately not the ambassador of the sport that a Ralf Souquet would be, I can never fathom Ralf doing this and you need to leave the "saint" catagory for those that without question have always been nothing but pure sportsmen and 100% respectful to their fans and the sport as a whole or else the term loses it's worth.
 
?????

people, people ,people, you dont understand. When you are a very liked and respected pro (like miss lee) you do not have to buy yourself untill you see that your gonna cash. clear?
 
OrigZaphod said:
WOW, what a massive amount of time spent on what was at most I would guess a colossal misunderstanding based on lack of communication in a very hectic event.

There is also a saying. To all stories there are three sides, His side, Her Side and the Truth, Hearing the first two will in no way ever equal the third..

In my reading of the events, it sounds like a misunderstanding and lack of communication, it happens, has happened to better people and will continue to happen, best is to let it go, move forward and hold no hard feelings. Will strengthen everyone involved that way..

Ding ding ding.

Too bad you're in the extreme minority on this subject. After all, bashing on people you don't know over events you didn't observe is more fun.
 
Celtic said:
I can never fathom Ralf doing this....

That is true.

Ralf told me once that he had never bought himself in a calcutta, and had no intention of doing so, so you will never see Ralf getting in a situation like this :)
 
lets have 100 different threads about this ship....

by the way... thanks satman for the third side!
 
Sweet Marissa said:
Sounds like the buyer was a gentleman and not rude as made out to be by JL. Also no mention of her telling the TD she wanted to buy half of herself. Well, my conclusion is drawn.

Sounds like a very PC answer that does not take sides in any way. That's all I read from it.

If they felt they had to step in then something was heating up.

We all know nice people who say bad things sometimes. So we don't know what exactly was said between Jeanette and this person but we do know that Jeanette felt bad enough about it to quit.

This whole answer really adds nothing to the story except to illustrate that the TD doesn't want to take sides.

Once again if the guy AT ANY TIME agreed that Jeanette wanted half then he should have stuck to it. That's really the only missing piece of the puzzle here. And it's he said/she said at this point because those who were named as being the go-betweens and securing this agreement have not yet stepped up to confirm Jeannette's version and are unlikely to in order to avoid taking sides.

My verdict is that it's a draw. Don't piss off your horse and get the money.

JL played position on all future calcuttas cuz no one will bid on her and she can get 100% of herself for cheap. :-) Always thinking ahead.
 
I knew this was Jack Taylor instead of Briann Gregg as soon as I started reading it. It says the same thing as the other 1000 posts in these threads. From what one TD saw there was no heated conversation but they didnt see everything and didnt hear everything ( the jekyl and hide syndrome could have come into play on either part ). The only thing any of these threads should be about is whether or not an AGREEMENT was made early, one side says yes and one says no. If I have to drive the 70 miles and get the other TD to end all this I can. Ill take my video camera and put it on youtube so everyone can see it for themselves not just read something and maybe then it will all be forgotten.

Thanks for posting this Sam, it looks like it took some time.
 
Last edited:
SUPERSTAR said:
You know, this is just a bunch of garbage.
Where the heck are the paparazzi when you need them.
WHERE THE HECK ARE THE SECRET CELL PHONE VIDEOS!!!!!!

You know some idiot out there has them, and could settle this whole thing.

But then again, if people just popped out their cell phones and started recording, i'm sure that certain individuals would have completely changed their behavior.

CELL PHONES PEOPLE!!!

LEARN FOR THE NEXT TIME!!!!

If name player ______ walks in, film everything, so when things go down the toilet you can be the lone voice that can post up the truth.

That's what i'm going to be doing on the sidelines from now on.

If i see one player getting out of hand, or some type of argument, I"M FILMING IT so the world can see what a jackass they truly are.


don't b talkin bout no shit now, you hea:smile:
 
$TAKE HOR$E said:
I knew this was Jack Taylor instead of Briann Gregg as soon as I started reading it. It says the same thing as the other 1000 posts in these threads. From what one TD saw there was no heated conversation but they didnt see everything and didnt hear everything ( the jekyl and hide syndrome could have come into play on either part ). The only thing any of these threads should be about is whether or not an AGREEMENT was made early, one side says yes and one says no. If I have to drive the 70 miles and get the other TD to end all this I can. Ill take my video camera and put it on youtube so everyone can see it for themselves not just read something and maybe then it will all be forgotten.

Thanks for posting this Sam, it looks like it took some time.


yes, do this. This morning preferably.
 
$TAKE HOR$E said:
I knew this was Jack Taylor instead of Briann Gregg as soon as I started reading it. It says the same thing as the other 1000 posts in these threads. From what one TD saw there was no heated conversation but they didnt see everything and didnt hear everything ( the jekyl and hide syndrome could have come into play on either part ). The only thing any of these threads should be about is whether or not an AGREEMENT was made early, one side says yes and one says no. If I have to drive the 70 miles and get the other TD to end all this I can. Ill take my video camera and put it on youtube so everyone can see it for themselves not just read something and maybe then it will all be forgotten.

Thanks for posting this Sam, it looks like it took some time.

$-man,
You make excellent and accurate points. I hesitate to post anything further, I doubt it will help; but here goes:

Many here are not comprehending the posts really well (my ridiculously poor writing skills are most likely to blame); let me clarify what has already been posted. JL did NOT say the guy was always rude (evidently he was very polite in the initial discussions); and she did NOT say he was yelling (their disagreement was in soft tones, but impolite, rude, and belligerent nonetheless). She did dislike him enough to withdraw.
 
Williebetmore said:
$-man,
You make excellent and accurate points. I hesitate to post anything further, I doubt it will help; but here goes:

Many here are not comprehending the posts really well (my ridiculously poor writing skills are most likely to blame); let me clarify what has already been posted. JL did NOT say the guy was always rude (evidently he was very polite in the initial discussions); and she did NOT say he was yelling (their disagreement was in soft tones, but impolite, rude, and belligerent nonetheless). She did dislike him enough to withdraw.

I have to say in JL's defense that there must have been something pretty offending to her by this man in order for her to unscrew and forfeit. Anybody that knows her and her will to win should know that she is not a quitter and must have felt she was right at the time. I can't speak for everybody, but I know that there have been a few times in my pool playing career that I have took a stance in acted in a manner that I thought was absolutely right at the time, and then later realized maybe I should of handled something a bit differently. Of course it has always been in a gambling situation and I think that we all need to realize sometimes we make decisions that we usually wouldn't make had we been able to take a break and really think about are actions. I'm sure this is the case with JL and really wish some more people here would realize she is a player, competitor, gambler, and most of all a good person just like the majority of us on here and is capable of making mistakes.
 
1on1pooltournys said:
I have to say in JL's defense that there must have been something pretty offending to her by this man in order for her to unscrew and forfeit. Anybody that knows her and her will to win should know that she is not a quitter and must have felt she was right at the time. I can't speak for everybody, but I know that there have been a few times in my pool playing career that I have took a stance in acted in a manner that I thought was absolutely right at the time, and then later realized maybe I should of handled something a bit differently. Of course it has always been in a gambling situation and I think that we all need to realize sometimes we make decisions that we usually wouldn't make had we been able to take a break and really think about are actions. I'm sure this is the case with JL and really wish some more people here would realize she is a player, competitor, gambler, and most of all a good person just like the majority of us on here and is capable of making mistakes.

1on1,
I agree. It would actually be interesting to get the take of some female pool players about their willingness to continue to play for someone who had been so hostile and impolite to them...it might be different for the females. There is a physical intimidation aspect for females in such situations that many of the posters may not have initially considered.

In addition, I also am struck by the extremely Christian tones of many of the posters. Their criticism seems so aggressive that it is hard to imagine them just kindly turning the other cheek and playing for someone who insulted them. I would love to hear some examples of such passive behavior (it doesn't seem to fit well with the tones of their other posts, but I have an open mind).
 
1on1pooltournys said:
I have to say in JL's defense that there must have been something pretty offending to her by this man in order for her to unscrew and forfeit. Anybody that knows her and her will to win should know that she is not a quitter and must have felt she was right at the time. I can't speak for everybody, but I know that there have been a few times in my pool playing career that I have took a stance in acted in a manner that I thought was absolutely right at the time, and then later realized maybe I should of handled something a bit differently. Of course it has always been in a gambling situation and I think that we all need to realize sometimes we make decisions that we usually wouldn't make had we been able to take a break and really think about are actions. I'm sure this is the case with JL and really wish some more people here would realize she is a player, competitor, gambler, and most of all a good person just like the majority of us on here and is capable of making mistakes.


yes, like "no you cannot have half of yourself in the calcutta because you've already played several matches", lol.
 
corvette1340 said:
yes, like "no you cannot have half of yourself in the calcutta because you've already played several matches", lol.

No, something that is actually offensive Vette. Jeanette would never forfeit under those simple circumstances, period. The woman has gone to tournaments and played with severe and chronic pain over the years. She is no quitter.
 
SUPERSTAR said:
You know, this is just a bunch of garbage.
Where the heck are the paparazzi when you need them.
WHERE THE HECK ARE THE SECRET CELL PHONE VIDEOS!!!!!!

You know some idiot out there has them, and could settle this whole thing.

But then again, if people just popped out their cell phones and started recording, i'm sure that certain individuals would have completely changed their behavior.

CELL PHONES PEOPLE!!!

LEARN FOR THE NEXT TIME!!!!

If name player ______ walks in, film everything, so when things go down the toilet, you can be the lone voice that can post up the truth.

That's what i'm going to be doing on the sidelines from now on.

If i see one player getting out of hand, or some type of argument, I"M FILMING IT so the world can see what a jackass they truly are.

If it ain't on YouTube, it didn't happen.

Jeff Livingston
 
Back
Top