Joe Callaluca cue we got in a trade SW style

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny thing is that I did not even think about the design, till someone in NY came over to ask me about it. He thought a guy just randomly brought in a high end SouthWest to a bar LOL. We both did not totally like the veneer colors but the guy that had the cue build asked for that green/purple combination. From more than a few feet away it just looks black though. Joe is a cuemaker out of NH, he made an amazing cue recently for a friend of mine that I need to get some pictures of.

E9xwpES.jpg

vWj4eZA.jpg

T0rPFGE.jpg

Last edited:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like it.

I think I get the sectioned handle, maybe a continuation of the famous SW style sectioned butt sleeve, but, damn, would a single piece of nice Birdseye have been absolutely killer in this cue.
Funny thing is that I did not even think about the design, till someone in NY came over to ask me about it. He thought a guy just randomly brought in a high end SouthWest to a bar LOL. We both did not totally like the veneer colors but the guy that had the cue build asked for that green/purple combination. From more than a few feet away it just looks black though. Joe is a cuemaker out of NH, he made an amazing cue recently for a friend of mine that I need to get some pictures of.

E9xwpES.jpg

vWj4eZA.jpg

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like it.

I think I get the sectioned handle, maybe a continuation of the famous SW style sectioned butt sleeve, but, damn, would a single piece of nice Birdseye have been absolutely killer in this cue.

Totally agree on the maple for handle, it's a bit too "shaft" looking to be ideal.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Totally agree on the maple for handle, it's a bit too "shaft" looking to be ideal.
I believe the veneers are abbreviated Titlist colors, probably to accommodate the Southwest style, or maybe he was just a fan of the Joker from Batman.

Last edited: