John Barton I bit off more than I can chew :(

bencho

n00b
Silver Member
So taking the instructions you gave me, I figured I'd try to clean my case. I got halfway and realized I had to take out all the little screws at the base too so I said to hell with it. Now I've dented the plastic feet some while trying to pull them out. I've gotten them all back in but one. It's a curved nail and I can't find the original hole that the last one came out of. So I have to drive it back in. Except I can't get it in. It's about flush with the height of the plastic foot. How did you hammer it all the way down?
 
So taking the instructions you gave me, I figured I'd try to clean my case. I got halfway and realized I had to take out all the little screws at the base too so I said to hell with it. Now I've dented the plastic feet some while trying to pull them out. I've gotten them all back in but one. It's a curved nail and I can't find the original hole that the last one came out of. So I have to drive it back in. Except I can't get it in. It's about flush with the height of the plastic foot. How did you hammer it all the way down?

Um.... I am a little confused? Were you trying to take the little black plastic feet off? You don't need to do anything with those. Those actually are held in with split rivets that are folded over on the other side of the endcap.

You can only secure them when the endcap is not attached to the case.

If you want them all to be secured then you will need to take the end cap off by removing all the nails around the perimeter of the case and then pushing the rivets through and tamping down each side. You will need something to press the rivet tight against the endcap while you secure the flanges. I usually drive a screw into a piece of wood and use the screw head to hold the rivet in place.

Send pix if you need to and I can give instructions based on those.

John

(Jack's easily removable interior is looking better all the time. Just today we put an interior and exterior covering together and it took five of us to make it fit. That's how I stay trim......lol)
 
Yea... When you said nails, I thought you meant the ones on the plastic feet. So I started taking them off and it was HELLA tough. Now The last one I can't hammer in.

So I guess I have to remove it now haha.

What's the safest way to remove the little screws around the perimeter without scuffing the leather?


poolhustler- well this way more people can benefit in case they messed up like me.. or they can just learn something new~
 
Back
Top