Johnny Archer - TWO TOURNAMENTS IN A ROW.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Johnny has won both the Seminole Pro Tour MIZERAK event and Corey Deuel's UPL unique tournament format back to back. That's saying something. Corey coming in second in his own tournament is a major statement. It takes a special kind of person to play well and do seven other jobs at the same time.

I especially liked the close up live camera shots of the player's faces provided by TAR. Johnny's indominitable stare is something to behold.

Congratulations to Johnny and Corey who both played some excellent pool.

JoeyA
 
Johnny just got lucky rolls. Like 2 decades worth! ;)

Congrat's to Johnny, he's the consummate professional and one heckofa good guy. Impressive just doesn't seem to cover it!

And big Kudos to Corey for his play AND his tournament. The unique format makes for great play and great spectating. I hope to see more like this and seems a lot of people feel similarly.
 
Johnny is a pleasure to watch an seems like a fine sportsman. Thanks for the free stream. :cool:
 
Johnny has won both the Seminole Pro Tour MIZERAK event and Corey Deuel's UPL unique tournament format back to back. That's saying something. Corey coming in second in his own tournament is a major statement. It takes a special kind of person to play well and do seven other jobs at the same time.

I especially liked the close up live camera shots of the player's faces provided by TAR. Johnny's indominitable stare is something to behold.

Congratulations to Johnny and Corey who both played some excellent pool.

JoeyA

Looks like Johnny is on top of his game right now and hopefully he can knock off another title at the WPC.
 
I think the shot clock actually helped Johnny, and possibly kept his mind off some of the little things he does (lint). Although I am not sure they monitored the shot clock too much, which was ok, because no one was taking excessive time. As far as being able to pass shots back, I think it was a nice addition to the game, but I would also have liked to have seen it implemented on the shot after the break.
 
its his new cue, the otther one was too light(it really was), we just spoke for a hour and 45 minutes of it was about his new cue, he hasnt lost a singlr match with it. He is in such a good frame of mind that he has a big shot at snappiong off the PI tournment(if the jet lag dosent get him) he is going to practice tonight soon as he gets home.

I dont often put his biz in the street, but I did today and I dont think he would mind. The HOF induction (I believe) brought back the real JA.


I hope he wins it, and the M-cup. I believe he has a good shot at it.ofcourse thats saying a lot but if anyone can do it its JA in his current state of mind.

He said Cory played so good on him last night, he guessed that if acccustat did the numbers it was .970/.955, he told me 3 times how good Cory played. He said it was one of the toughest enjoyable matches he played in years. I'm glad Corys even went off good(from what I heard).

best
eric
 
Pace

its his new cue, the otther one was too light(it really was), we just spoke for a hour and 45 minutes of it was about his new cue, he hasnt lost a singlr match with it. He is in such a good frame of mind that he has a big shot at snappiong off the PI tournment(if the jet lag dosent get him) he is going to practice tonight soon as he gets home.

I dont often put his biz in the street, but I did today and I dont think he would mind. The HOF induction (I believe) brought back the real JA.


I hope he wins it, and the M-cup. I believe he has a good shot at it.ofcourse thats saying a lot but if anyone can do it its JA in his current state of mind.

He said Cory played so good on him last night, he guessed that if acccustat did the numbers it was .970/.955, he told me 3 times how good Cory played. He said it was one of the toughest enjoyable matches he played in years. I'm glad Corys even went off good(from what I heard).

best
eric



Eric, In watching the streams the last few weeks, it really appears Johnnys pace of play is more consistent with his pace of a decade or so ago when he won everything he entered. I hope he continues to play decisively. He really appears more comfortable at the table. If his cue is the real reason and he is just in a zone at the moment, then I wish him the best and hope he can sustain that positive frame of mind. Pool seems to run that way sometimes, and some of us that have been around pool for decades have seen Johnny play some great pool.

Jay
 
Congrats on Johnny's fine play and congrats to Corey for his good demeanor that must have been painful to put on his promoters hat after losing a hard fought match.
 
Congrats on Johnny's fine play and congrats to Corey for his good demeanor that must have been painful to put on his promoters hat after losing a hard fought match.
 
Johnny bad boy!!

still winning after you get a call in the hall. its now 18 years since your first title and you still like it, AMAZING! That why i aways said your the best even when most thought other wise. keep it going Johnny!!:cool:
 
Back
Top