Joint Protectors

pk249

Registered
Forgive the basic question, however will 5/16 18 joint protectors work on a 5/16 14 cue? I’m unsure what the last number relates to.

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like plastic joint protectors with plastic screws. That way when I drop one, the jp won't get damaged, and the jp hopefully won't hurt a cue that gets in the way. Custom joint protectors with metal screws scare me. What if I drop one on my cue, will the metal threads chew up my cue? And, when I drop a custom jp on the concrete floor of a pool room, will I be able to find a jp repairman? Do any custom jp makers use plastic screws?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I like plastic joint protectors with plastic screws. That way when I drop one, the jp won't get damaged, and the jp hopefully won't hurt a cue that gets in the way. Custom joint protectors with metal screws scare me. What if I drop one on my cue, will the metal threads chew up my cue? And, when I drop a custom jp on the concrete floor of a pool room, will I be able to find a jp repairman? Do any custom jp makers use plastic screws?
They can, but metal screws in a joint cap won't hurt the cue. The wooden cap would break first