Josey cue, strange noise and feel

StuartTKelley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll keep this short. I love my Josey cue and the way it hits. When you hit a ball with this cue it just feels good. Tonight I was hitting with it and felt a slight vibration. I checked to see if I tightened it down good so I turned it as much as I could. It was also making a hollow, clicking sound on harder stroked shots. I have a triangle tip that's been on it since I got it and it seems fine....the ferrule looks okay too...I still get that strange click on those harder shots that I know wasn't there before.....any suggestions here?

I looked at the bolt inside of the cue but couldn't figure out what size wrench would work...doesn't sound loose though...
 
Is it possible you could post a pic or two of the cue?
It would save asking a lot of questions.
Front-end, back-end & joint please.

Thanx, KJ
 
Contact Keith as he would be the most knowledgeable one to take care of it.
 
Find the correct wrench and remove the weight screw. Then, using a strong penlight, peer into the hole and determine if there's a second set screw - sometimes cuemakers will use multiple screws to get to the total weight they want to add.

If there IS a second screw it almost certainly has worked its way back to close proximity with the first screw, allowing them to click together under high impact. I've seen this before, and that may be your problem.

TW
 
Thanks for the info, this could be right. I think Keith does use weight in back and front of the butt but I've heard different things. I will check it out again. Thanks!
 
Back
Top