Joss cues

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the 80's, I had a college pool buddy who switched from a Meucci to a Joss. The Joss was the 1st cue I'd ever seen with rounded points. Compared to Meucci's, that Joss ferrules were half the length but made of genuine ivory. He struggled with the new cue initially, but once he got used to it, he did improve a little bit. At the time Joss cues were very popular 9 ball cues, though I still preferred my Meucci's lower deflection. That was before I learned how to compensate for ball squirt. I will say that lower deflection shafts do make long cut shots much easier, but I also notice some power loss, especially when breaking or needing extra gas to break up ball clusters.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
That's not what is said. Is it reading or the comprehension you find difficult?? If the problem is due their workmanship they'll fix it. Most cuemakers do not cover warping, some do for a year. They do this because they can't know said cue is stored/taken care of. JOSS is no different from other co's in how they back their product.
Dude.....relax.

I was being sarcastic, and showing how ridiculous the claim was, that a warranty was void after chalking a cue.

Chill out and take a nap, or something.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the 80's, I had a college pool buddy who switched from a Meucci to a Joss. The Joss was the 1st cue I'd ever seen with rounded points. Compared to Meucci's, that Joss ferrules were half the length but made of genuine ivory. He struggled with the new cue initially, but once he got used to it, he did improve a little bit. At the time Joss cues were very popular 9 ball cues, though I still preferred my Meucci's lower deflection. That was before I learned how to compensate for ball squirt. I will say that lower deflection shafts do make long cut shots much easier, but I also notice some power loss, especially when breaking or needing extra gas to break up ball clusters.
The difference in deflection between these two brands is/was tiny. Quality is a different story. Joss has always been much better made than Meucci.

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The difference in deflection between these two brands is/was tiny. Quality is a different story. Joss has always been much better made than Meucci.

I remember Joss marketing their cues for maximizing english, while Meucci claim was minimized deflection. The materials and workmanship were definitely better on Joss -- even points, SS joint, lined up joint logos, real ivory, etc.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have nay info as far as what the different models are etc???
Design. A few have different joint builds, but the hit feel is almost identical. The main difference is the type of shaft you end up with for qood quality and hit feel. No way to gauge that without actually hitting with a few. In my experience, the Joss cues made before around 2000 have the best shafts.