forsocdude
New member
I have been playing for several years now and my game is continuously improving. I am in the market for a new jump/break cue or separate jump and break cues and was hoping to get everyone's suggestions.
If I buy a jump break, I would like to spend around or less than $150. So far I have considered the Fury jump break JB-BS ($130), the Scorpion jump break SCORPBJ ($152), and the Cuetec 99296 ($130). I think I am leaning towards the Scorpion because of the water buffalo tip as opposed to the phenolic tips of the other cues. a couple friends have phenolic tips on break cues and they really don't hold chaulk.
If I go the more expensive route, I might buy a Lucasi LS2000JC jump cue ($68) and a Cuetec 99535 ($70 replacing the tip with a tiger jump/break) or a Cuetec Vortex Break cue ($200). I?m inclined to get a Cuetec so I can get the cue extension as I hate having to use the bridge when I can almost reach... would the cheap cuetec work well as a break cue? i figured because of the "power-bonded" fiberglass shaft it should be pretty stiff.
i'd love to hear everyones comments, concerns, and suggestions.
If I buy a jump break, I would like to spend around or less than $150. So far I have considered the Fury jump break JB-BS ($130), the Scorpion jump break SCORPBJ ($152), and the Cuetec 99296 ($130). I think I am leaning towards the Scorpion because of the water buffalo tip as opposed to the phenolic tips of the other cues. a couple friends have phenolic tips on break cues and they really don't hold chaulk.
If I go the more expensive route, I might buy a Lucasi LS2000JC jump cue ($68) and a Cuetec 99535 ($70 replacing the tip with a tiger jump/break) or a Cuetec Vortex Break cue ($200). I?m inclined to get a Cuetec so I can get the cue extension as I hate having to use the bridge when I can almost reach... would the cheap cuetec work well as a break cue? i figured because of the "power-bonded" fiberglass shaft it should be pretty stiff.
i'd love to hear everyones comments, concerns, and suggestions.