Jump cue tip size/shape

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A while back I bought a Cuetec Jump/Break just because. It had a leather playing tip on it and wouldn't even jump the butt section of the cue no matter what. I put it in the rack and forgot about it. Recently, I bought a repair lathe and tonight I put a G-10 tip on it to practice and experiment with the G-10 tips. It jumps and breaks like a jump/break cue should now.

The jump/break I've been using forever has a 14mm tip on it. I've gotten very good at jumping for legal contact, but I'm 50% at best for making shots. Will a smaller diameter tip or smaller radius on the tip make any difference in the accuracy of my jump-shot making?
 
A while back I bought a Cuetec Jump/Break just because. It had a leather playing tip on it and wouldn't even jump the butt section of the cue no matter what. I put it in the rack and forgot about it. Recently, I bought a repair lathe and tonight I put a G-10 tip on it to practice and experiment with the G-10 tips. It jumps and breaks like a jump/break cue should now.

The jump/break I've been using forever has a 14mm tip on it. I've gotten very good at jumping for legal contact, but I'm 50% at best for making shots. Will a smaller diameter tip or smaller radius on the tip make any difference in the accuracy of my jump-shot making?
Probably won't make any difference. Practice.

pj
chgo
 
Jump shots have more margin for stroke errors with bigger tips and something closer to a quarter raidus than a dime radius.
 
Back
Top