Just Another Idea....Removable Cue Label Holder!!

Old Iowan

OK...This will NOT be something everyone is interested in....SORRY :( - My potential intent was to offer an easy way for people to customize a cue butt without spending a lot of $$$s and have it easily applied and removed - Shown in the best I could do at night photo is a custom label I designed and printed on real wood veneer and is about 2" in height - ANYTHING someone wants to design and print within the label size can easily fit in side this clear plastic sleeve that is held and easily removed by the screw that holds on a bumper - Needless to say I intended this for lower cost cues and give people an easy option for personalization - Or maybe to make a gift special, might be used at a trade show to have info on each cue, etc. IF there's enough interest I would be able to supply the clear plastic sleeves with a small hole that could easily be enlarged to fit the appropriate screw - If you don't care for the idea NBD - If you do have some interest let me know - Largest image size would be 2 1/2" tall and I printed a 4" long label or it would easily hold a business card as well - This clear plastic holder would fit cues of 1 1/4" in diameter or maybe just a hair bigger - Hopefully this is the right place for this post!! :unsure:

Cue Label 2 - Email.jpg

Old Iowan

If you could put the design on the plastic sleeve and have it slide down and fit the taper tight it might be plausible I think
I have another process that does just that....Just haven't decided how to charge for it yet?? BUT...since you asked here's a photo!! This process allows the label of most any size lengthwise and can be placed on most any part of the butt - It could even be used by cue makers that could print out a design and get IMHO a very good idea of how the inlays, etc. would look before creating CNC files - One label is printed on regular cardstock and the top label on wood veneer.

Removable Cue Label 2 - Email.jpg

Old Iowan

If you could put the design on the plastic sleeve and have it slide down and fit the taper tight it might be plausible I think
Here's a pic of a Tapered, Laminated cue label as per your suggestion! Obviously most any size could be created depending on printer out put - It is a solid as opposed to a lamination with a seem....Just wanted to mention that!

Cue Label 3 - Email.jpg

PracticeChampion

Here's a pic of a Tapered, Laminated cue label as per your suggestion! Obviously most any size could be created depending on printer out put - It is a solid as opposed to a lamination with a seem....Just wanted to mention that!

View attachment 698062
I use my own cue so definitely wouldn't wanna cover my maker's mark up but that I think has a place for someone.

How thick are the walls?

Old Iowan

I use my own cue so definitely wouldn't wanna cover my maker's mark up but that I think has a place for someone.

How thick are the walls?
Total wall thickness depends on the material thickness of the printed label - The clear covering is about .012" and could be made thicker.