Kicking Academy - Part 7

DeadAim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
KICKING ACADEMY – PART 7

Now things are going to heat up and get complicated, if you got the patience to learn this system it can really dig you out of a seemingly impossible situation.

Diagram 1 is going to look OUT OF CONTROL, but once you get the hang of this and memorize the numberings you WILL be rewarded when that impossible situation arrives. This is an EXTREME MAXIMUM side english, you have to “dig into” the cue ball and hit as close as you can in the corner while still allowing the cue ball to exit without hitting the opposite corner point; this gets really difficult from long range because of the deflection involved when you “dig” into the cue ball, you have to play for the deflection on all these shots but especially the long range ones. I just used this shot two days ago and demoralized my opponent, I didn’t win THAT game but I made the good hit which brought my opponents safety game crumbling down because he simply COULD NOT safe me; I ended up winning the match.

Be aware that the numberings MAY not be the same for “you” and “your” table, the first thing you need to do is place the cue ball at rail number 25 and shoot tight into the corner pocket with EXTREME side english, the cue ball on MOST pocket billiard tables will return to itself (number 25) if you are hitting the cue ball correctly.

The numbers at the top of the diagram are the cue ball positions and where they return to; for example: the cue balls at position 5, 10, and 15 return to 20; the cue ball at position 20 returns to 22.5; the cue balls at position 25, 30, and 35 return to 25, etc.

The numbers at the bottom of the table are the fourth rail returns points for each ball position. The black numbers are BILLIARD strokes and the red numbers are 9 BALL strokes. I’ll explain; this system is a BILLIARD system, in billiards we are NOT hitting the balls hard, we just need to make contact. In 9 ball we have to hit the cue ball more firmly to make sure we contact a cushion AFTER the object ball hit. So you will notice that the red numbers return about one diamond higher because of the stronger hit.

J.R.

Attachments

• Kicking Academy Part 7 System 1.jpg
    Kicking Academy Part 7 System 1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 834