Kielwood Shaft

DieselDevilDawg

Bought a McDermott with the G-Core shaft. Too light for me to use....I'm old school and need a heavier shaft. So some of the Kielwood shafts look good, I'm not sure how much they weigh? Let me know

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might not be happy with kielwood. The process to create them is by cooking the water out of the wood. This makes them lighter than before.

I heard Hsunami shafts come in closer to 4 ounces. My OB Phoenix shaft is 3.44oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselDevilDawg

You might not be happy with kielwood. The process to create them is by cooking the water out of the wood. This makes them lighter than before.

I heard Hsunami shafts come in closer to 4 ounces. My OB Phoenix shaft is 3.44oz.

Thanks for that. Do you know anyone who uses a Schmelke Kielwood?

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
I ordered a Hsunami shaft last year, and specified the weight at 3.9. It came in at 3.91.

-dj

Reactions: bbb

DieselDevilDawg

A fellow on Ebay is selling lots of Schmelke Kielwoods....He told me a 30 inch weighs 3.8 oz. I was hoping a 30 inch would weigh a little more?

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was chatting with the guy at the OB booth. I asked if 30” would be heavier. He said that a 30” shaft adds more towards the tip. Those inches are the lightest parts of a shaft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DieselDevilDawg

A fellow on Ebay is selling lots of Schmelke Kielwoods....He told me a 30 inch weighs 3.8 oz. I was hoping a 30 inch would weigh a little more?
I was chatting with the guy at the OB booth. I asked if 30” would be heavier. He said that a 30” shaft adds more towards the tip. Those inches are the lightest parts of a shaft.

Thanks a lot for that info.....learning more each day.....thank you.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a custom cue that came with a 4.5oz shaft. It felt so strange. You can have too much.