obrien714 said:
Kirkwood strung a 5 or 6 pack together at one point. Put on a show. 3 hours and thirty minutes for the cheese.
Great show from the TAR
scott missed a 6 ball and Woody got out, put a 5 possibly a 6 pack on Scott. afterwards(Scott was in the chair so long I felt like I was watching a straight pool maych), I asked Woody before the match was over(during a short break) and he wasnt sure if it was 5 or 6 BNR + getting out from the 6 ball, I played on that table a couple hours before they did and the cloth isnt new and slipery, the table played great and the bals wouldnt slide in the hole. 5 or 6 BNR is just amazing on that table, his break was working, in a couple racks he did have to move few balls etc. That run was as impressive as anything in the SVB/Alex war that took place on the same box. Props to Scott for jumping up and playing, I like Scott, He just ran into a monster tonight, just one of those things he didnt do anything wrong, Scott put Woody in jail real bad a few times with some creative shots-one pocket kinda moves, srtong real strong. Juat wasnt his night tonight.
Side story:
I played good today at home for a few minutes-first time in months I actually felt like the table had pockets, when I got to the TAR-Pit I played a little and it was horrible, the drive over set my back off, I started ok but cold by the time the stroke came around the pain was unberable and I couldnt play, Sux I want to play so bad and just cant.
I had a real small sweat bet down, nice to be on the winners side for a change, I wantd to get more down, but I didnt want to scare him off, he might have been staking Scott and asking him to bet more than he was staking the game for. Over betting on the side can scare the guy I bet with off, incase he was staking Scott and kill the game. I have seen good games not go off because someone on the tail who knows alot(or looks like he does asks to bet 10 bags on a 3 bag race) this can scare off the stake horse. I dont know who I bet with(perhaps the stake horse), . So thats why I awalys ask guys to give me a number that they want to bet- this way there is no risk of killing the action. So he picked his price onr bag-I wanted more but it would have been a bad move.
I remember someone here told me I was a hobbiest weak player with no understandging of action etc. I'll dig up hat link, I spoke to Morra about the Bergman match and the bet size, managment, being mentally fit etc and he agreeded with me, meanwhile I was slammed here for being some rich recontional egg that knows nothing about action. I got news for who ever said that, PPPPEEEFFFTTT(what ever that sounds like). I paid my dues and dont knock action by high rolling the wrong guy, I just let him set the price, New $$$ guys might make the mistake of over betting and setting off the bells and whistles in a stake horses head then we all lose. I told Morra about a similar thing that happened to me, and he said the $$ was a distractin, he is a great player-far better than me but he dosent know the frame of mind to be in, I had him read like a book, he agreeded I'm gonna work with him on his action, not playing he does that just fine,
sorry this post might not read well i fell asleep 6 times writing it, but I booked a winner and more importantly Morra most likely listen to me and grow in to a big time gambler. I aint the best player but I bet real good, dot kill action and can help players rethink whats going inside their head as I have been down that road on blood $$$, not now but the principals of managing a side rail bet, staking someone, helping ohers I'm a good assett to pool, now If I could just play like I did, oh well