Las vegas 7-ball today!

berry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Las vegas 7-ball yesterday!

Any news, or people that are going to watch?

Or a website for this event that is today (5-Oct.).

I know Niels Feijen is playing in this event but who are the others....

Last edited:

LastTwo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
berry said:

I wouldn't watch 7-ball if someone paid me. Ok maybe I would but my point is 7-ball is just a stupid, boring, idiotic, and stupidly idiotic game.

christopheradam

Christopher Adams
Silver Member
LastTwo said:
I wouldn't watch 7-ball if someone paid me. Ok maybe I would but my point is 7-ball is just a stupid, boring, idiotic, and stupidly idiotic game.

You can still learn position play, how players use correct fundamentals, and much more from watching 7ball, especially in person.

I would definately not call it boring. I seen Danny Harriman make 6balls on the break, I don't think that is very boring. And watching Cory and other players juice up the cue ball is definately worth watching for me.

And we gotta take what we can get as far as pool television programming goes. There really isn't that much for men's events and what is shown is shown over and over again.

LastTwo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
christopheradam said:
You can still learn position play, how players use correct fundamentals, and much more from watching 7ball, especially in person.

I would definately not call it boring. I seen Danny Harriman make 6balls on the break, I don't think that is very boring. And watching Cory and other players juice up the cue ball is definately worth watching for me.

And we gotta take what we can get as far as pool television programming goes. There really isn't that much for men's events and what is shown is shown over and over again.

6 balls on the break??? Did he get out??

christopheradam

Christopher Adams
Silver Member
LastTwo said:
6 balls on the break??? Did he get out??

Did you happen to catch Pagulayan's 6balls on the break in 9ball where he didn't get out. I think it was the last televised BCA open.

LastTwo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
christopheradam said:
Did you happen to catch Pagulayan's 6balls on the break in 9ball where he didn't get out. I think it was the last televised BCA open.

No. I made 4 balls on the break a few days ago, and check out this layout I had afterwards:

START(
%B\2X5%CD3F6%DG1E0%Gr1D7%I]3I3%Ps0C8

)END

First time I've ever had that happen. The cueball was in the pocket so deep and so close to the 7 that there was no way I could push and send the cueball up table. I tried pushing out by just tapping the cueball into the edge of the pocket so it would be hooked, but I would have enough room for a masse (obviously my opponent would give the shot back) I hit it slightly too hard and froze my self on the 7 ball even worse! LOL

christopheradam

Christopher Adams
Silver Member
LastTwo said:
No. I made 4 balls on the break a few days ago, and check out this layout I had afterwards:

START(

)END

Wow, that's a pretty bad situation. The most I ever made was 5 on a barbox and I did get out but it was a very easy out. Wish I could break like that every time.
But would settle for one ball and a shot at the 1 or 2 ball :)

Could you have knocked the 7ball uptable on your push some how?

berry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
berry said:

Maybe we can stick with the question instead of a discussion about the true value of 7-ball in Billiards.

christopheradam

Christopher Adams
Silver Member
berry said:
Maybe we can stick with the question instead of a discussion about the true value of 7-ball in Billiards.

Las vegas 7-ball today!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not me. Or anyone else it looks like :)

WWW.noOneIsGoingToWatch7BallLive.com

I would put my money on Cory Deul since he's got the soft break down to a science. And has there ever been a sudden death 7ball without Deul?

christopheradam

Christopher Adams
Silver Member
LastTwo said:

START(

)END

QUOTE]

What about this:
START(
%B\2X5%CD3F6%DG1E0%Gg5O7%I]3I3%Pp8G0

)END

Still a least make em jump and if your opponent can't jump good and you can, you got the 2 and pos on the 3.

berry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your help Christopher! Very mature and good for a forum that you stick to the topic and help others.

Any other person that CAN help?

NaClBandit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
time & channel...?

It's being broadcast live? On ESPN? Can someone give me the details?

I don't really discriminate when it comes to pool on TV. Heck I would probably watch BallBreakers if I got GSN. I'll watch a men's pro even of any kind if it's on considering my small Accu-Stats collection. If some of you have been spoiled by yours perhaps you should send me all your Accu-Stats DVD's...do what's right and PM me! You're only helping yourself reconnect with the game's true value.

berry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you!

Hopefully there is someone that know the line up for this tournament.

Berry

btw I also play with a Pechauer

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
christopheradam said:
Wow, that's a pretty bad situation. The most I ever made was 5 on a barbox and I did get out but it was a very easy out. Wish I could break like that every time.
But would settle for one ball and a shot at the 1 or 2 ball :)

Could you have knocked the 7ball uptable on your push some how?

I think I might of had one of the fastest 8 ball racks ever. (other than 8 ball breaks that is) Made 5 solids on the break and actually had a shot on both solids that were left. Two easy shots and the 8 straight in. Was pretty quik.

T

Timberly

All I know is that it's today at the ESPN zone in Vegas. The only people I know of that are playing are Neils & Shawn Putnam. I don't think it's live, I think it's taped.

For whoever it was that was knocking it...pool on tv is pool on tv. I'm not a big 7 ball fan myself, but I'll still watch it to support pool on tv.

T

Timberly

Got the scoop

1st round....
Putnam beats Archer
Neils vs Frankie Hernandez
Franciso Bustamante vs Thorsten
Corey vs WU

Right now the only match that's finished is Putnam vs Archer.

NaClBandit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:
1st round....
Putnam beats Archer
Neils vs Frankie Hernandez
Franciso Bustamante vs Thorsten
Corey vs WU

Right now the only match that's finished is Putnam vs Archer.

Is this going to be on ESPN 2 all afternoon?

Damn you job!