Late to the Kumai craze..

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I Finely decided to give kamui chalk a try. I like only chalking once a game and I honestly feel it grabs the q ball more. This isn't a review ... That's been done to death. Just something I happened to notice after playing .:.the chalk mess lol

When I first started using it I was using a medium predator victory tip. I decided to give the Kamui medium clear a try. With the predator tip I had maybe a mark or 2 on the cloth. No big deal. The Kamui tip holy hell! My table was a mess after wards! Had to wipe it down every day. I honestly didn't like the hit. It was way to hard for a medium tip so I went back to the shaft with the predator medium and the mess went a way. Like I said I chalk once a game.. Am I the only one that noticed this? Sorry if someone already brought this up and I missed it lol
 
Last edited:
I've played Kamui Black medium for years and always disliked the glazing propensity and the hardness was more than what I considered a medium tip to be.

I was undecided a couple of years ago as to what tip to use for a custom I was having made and along the way, I was fortunate to make the acquaintance of Shooter08 (Tom).

Tom is a Kamui Dealer & his business is Wisconsin Billiard Supply (www.wisconsinbilliard.com). Anyway, he spotted a thread of mine about cue tips and hardness and he reached out to discuss the topic in greater detail. I wanted to get original brown Moori tips in medium but since that wasn't available, I went with Kamui and as I wrote, didn't like the glazing and hardness.

He educated me about tip brands since I didn't have first hand experience with all brand tips and when we got around to what I didn't like about Kamui, he introduced me to the Kamui Clear series. Now I know there's a lot of hype about the clear pad, etc......and both Kamui lovers & haters often abound on the Forum. What I learned is there is a real, meaningful difference between the Kamui Black & the Kamui Clear Black as Tom explained there'd be. He also persuaded me to try a softer version and so I changed from medium in Kamui Black and tried both the soft & super-soft in Kamui Clear Black.

Well, when I include my two cues underway that are nearing completion, I'll will have Kamui Black Clear soft on 10 cue shafts, 1 shaft with Kamui Black Clear super-soft & 2 shafts with Original Brown Moori tips. I really like Kamui Clear Black Tips and encourage anyone interested in trying them to use a softer version........I did and am so pleased with the difference. Like I said, I have 2 cues coming and I can ask for any tip and I specified Kamui Clear Black (soft).


Remember what I earlier wrote......there are Kamui fans & haters and obviously, I am not the latter.


Matt B.
 
Last edited:
Yea I think if i give them a try again I'll definitely go with a soft. My surprise was more with how much of a mess the chalk made while using a Kamui as opposed to the other medium tips.
 
Back
Top