Latest Brunswick Anniversary Restoration Project! Model D-C 9'

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Latest Brunswick Anniversary Restoration Project! Model D-C 9'. This one is pretty unique because it came out of the University of Michigan. There were a bunch of them in one of the REC rooms on campus. Client and his son reached out 3 years ago to inquire about a restoration and I did not hear back from them for about a year. Then out of the blue they called and they had purchased one! The son went to school there and was very excited to have it. It was in very poor condition: Rails had the typical missing chunks at the corners where the pockets had been nailed in, lots and lots of cigarette burns. The frame, slate and legs in good shape. The aprons and ball storage box were totally roached, but, I managed to get an original replacement set. I knew the rails needed surgery so I called Jack Zimmerman and dropped them off with another set that needed his skills. The subrails were replaced, he cuts sooo far under the walnut cap and the corner pockets areas were also replaced with walnut very nicely by a gentleman he subcontracts that part out to. Half of the sights also needed to be replaced. Jack does amazing cushion/ facing work and I can't wait to play on it.

Almost ready to stain and finish. Leg bands are being made locally. Still have to prep the metal and polish it. I do all 10 pieces in house, have a solid polishing set up and Tyvek suite to keep that nasty stuff off me. 95% of polishing is in the prep!!! Better the prep, less time on the polisher and better outcome.

Project has been delayed for a very long time due to the clients new home not being finished due to COVID. Still not done, but, he decided to finally get it finished and store it until the condo is done. I am happy to get it off my "loose end" list and hate to wait to install, but, it is what it is. Will update with stain and then satin finish. I love getting the blessing / opportunity to work on these tables, it truly is my passion. Its gonna play lights out and look amazing as well!

TFT

383e1c2a091626c5ad73b53d70f1ed919fcdabcc-3.jpg
383e1c2a091626c5ad73b53d70f1ed919fcdabcc-2.jpg
383e1c2a091626c5ad73b53d70f1ed919fcdabcc-1.jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
It is GREAT to have a Pro like Jack Z to do rail surgery! I do my own extensions, cushions and facings, but, when its subrail replacement time I go to him. He is great to work with, prices are always fair and he is on track time wise! Not to mention he is a gentleman and very good pool player. I always like to drop off or pick up so I can play him on his badass 9' Diamond. I usually dont win, but, I get a few :)

TFT

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Very happy with the outcome of my polishing!

All I have left is the legbands, waiting for material to come in :)

Only negative about this project: this will not get installed until the clients Condo rennovation is completed, its been going on for about 2 years already. He is bummed and so am I , but, patience is definitely a virtue.
I have had most of this table in my shop for 2 years, not a huge deal, but, I hate loose ends. My client and I stayed in touch every couple of months and he decided it was time to finish. He is going to store it at his current residence( it will not fit), until he is ready for me to install. First time a job has finished like this, but, it will be a sweet moment when it gets installed.

TFT
32badad3b3e5bbfc5acc517ef4afa4d46331aec3-1.jpg
22df2395feee30cc6fdbfdaca533ace29097d5da-1.jpg

14bfdca22e1770fe657fc1d81da510580fccc6e0-1.jpg