League play?

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think leagues should be shut down for the COVID 19 Pandemic? My outlook is way too many people around one table. With a mask or without The second wave of it is no joke

8BALL EDDIE

I think...
ALL public environments, where groups of people could gather, should either be open or closed.

Picking and choosing where it is/isn't OK for groups to gather makes it look like there's a hidden agenda.

...just my two cents.

Nikrnic

Its no fun wearing a mask but you can distance just as easily. I've been in many food and other stores where it's crowded and people seem to be doing a good job at the distance rule which has been going on for quite awhile now. I don't see why you can't around a pool table with a little effort.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Image may contain: 5 people, text

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think leagues should be shut down for the COVID 19 Pandemic? My outlook is way too many people around one table. With a mask or without The second wave of it is no joke
You gotta make your own calls when it comes to your health. Why base them on what anyone else does?? Since you asked, my 'hall is open and i go in during the slow day hours. Don't go near it when its busy.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I'm starting a double jeopardy league next month, joining another team on Mondays and starting bca when the next sesh starts up

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
League in our area has been back playing for 3 months or so. I can only share my experience at 2 pool halls because i dont play at any of the other multiple venues our league frequents.

When we started back one pool hall was pretty strict about adhering to our counties covid rules. They closed every other table ...wiped down tables and balls before matches and enforced the mask rule plus everyone is tested with a thermometer upon entering. Since then they have not been wiping down the tables or keeping every other table closed but do enforce the mask rule and test everyone with a thermometer.

The other one shall i say was a little lax about following guidelines. Consequently he got into a little trouble with the county upon weekly inspections. Since then he has closed every other table and enforced the mask rule and also keeps the door locked and you cannot gain entrance until you press a buzzer. I guess thats to keep occupancy at the level the county allows.
As for social distancing ? Forget about it. The teams all sit close to each other as they always have.

As for masks ? Many people keep them pulled down around their chin which is useless in my opinion.

One last thing....the county is apparently comimg out with a no smoking law. Something that i personally dont care for. Gonna be a pain in the rear to have to go drag some one from outside when its time for their match to start.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had a long closing in the beginning (2-3 months?) then recently a couple of 2 week closings. This latest closing they did a poll of captains and decided to close league but keep any other events open. This way the league nights aren't forcing some to play but those that want to play can play in the other events. If they're team events then you're kinda screwed but other than that I think it's a good idea.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
If you are concerned, don’t play.

If you are concerned about people who do choose to play, avoid them.

It ain’t that difficult.
You didn't answer the question.
Yes to shutting down leagues, come January or February we will be in a much better place.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You didn't answer the question.
Yes to shutting down leagues, come January or February we will be in a much better place.
Laughing

I thought it was obvious. Of course you don’t shut down leagues just because some people are afraid to play in them.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We stopped holding our weekly 9-ball tournament over a month ago. Too many players and too many of them not willing to wear masks. I felt I had no choice as a responsible business owner.

Our poolroom remains open with play allowed on every other table and our grill indoor seating remains open at 50% capacity. However currently, 75% of our total sales are takeout food orders. At least we are glad we have that!