League - "Winning the Trip" Question

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Sometimes

They showcase those trips to Vegas at 'retail' rates when the reservations they have are really 'reduced' rates, whch makes you think you are winning more than what you really are. If you really investigate into the accomodations for the trip, you can tell they got a price break on everything.

PopAndSlop

Registered
Price

I priced a trip for 5 and hotel in Vegas at about 5000$ canadian. 600$ flight per person and 2 rooms at 1000$ for 10 days. The thing is that for the next 3 people it only goes up bu 1800$. I inflated the plane trip a bit to allow a bit of play.

Last edited:

shayla

BODY - MIND - SOUL
Silver Member
Our league is a Vegas trip league. We pay weekly dues and at the end of the session, is one tournament for a trip to Vegas. Only the winners get the trip, and 2nd place gets nothing. If you win the trip, you aren't eligible to play in the 2nd session tournament. However, at the end of each league session, the league operator pays out a small amount of money to each team based on team rankings at the end of the league session. If you win the tournament in the first session, your team can play in the 2nd session, but would only be eligible to win cash at the end of the league based on their team rankings and not eligible to play in the tournament for the trip.

Also, lots of league operators get airfare discounts and hotel discounts. I know ours goes through a travel agent, so he'd pay a lot less than what I'd pay if I was booking my own trip.

renard

Play in these conditions?
Silver Member
Cornerman said:

That bites!

I look at everyones Vegas deals and I'm the one feeling like we're getting the shaft here in Ohio. I know there are many variables listed here but here are our vendors problems:

A)They book the flights in a persons name they don't go the vendor has to eat the cost

B)They pay for the rooms in the Riv the team can't go the vendor has to eat the cost.

C)So they started just paying cash. Now there are more teams playing solely for the cash. Screw Vegas is thier thought.

D)We pay $6 a week. Jack up that price the vendor starts losing players to other vendors.

Meanz666

Registered
Hey dude, I won a trip to Las Vegas as well. I was there 2 years ago when I was 18 and it was great. I will be playing in the Singles Tourn, and the Team Tourn. Should be fun, hope to see you there...

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Keep in mind

that some leagues only pay for entry in the tournament and
for your room. Sometimes the trip out there is on you.

I tell you what sucks more - Winning the State BCA 8 ball championship
(Individual and team) and not even get a free trip to Nationals.