Lee Brett's Lessons

PastPrime

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was fortunate to take two lessons from Lee and it certainly opened my eyes to a much better way of approaching, planning and finishing the shot than I had been doing.

He has a simple way of telling and illustrating answers to some complex (for me) questions that I had. In fact, he started out with describing the basic steps he has in his book, of which I had a couple of questions, and it helped me on seeing the table and reacting to the problems it presented. Then after just a few shots he stopped me and pointed out two problems that I had thoroughly ingrained by "practice makes permanent" as he says rather than practice makes perfect as I had hoped. Now all I have to do is correct them, and the others. Ha.

All in all, his comments and illustrations gave me something to work with that will allow me to correct my actions when (not if) I fall off my path. He is not a "Drill Instructor" and makes his corrections with simple statements and brief examples.

One other comment is when he is just shooting shots he may be one of the most accurate shooters I have ever seen.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was fortunate to take two lessons from Lee and it certainly opened my eyes to a much better way of approaching, planning and finishing the shot than I had been doing.

He has a simple way of telling and illustrating answers to some complex (for me) questions that I had. In fact, he started out with describing the basic steps he has in his book, of which I had a couple of questions, and it helped me on seeing the table and reacting to the problems it presented. Then after just a few shots he stopped me and pointed out two problems that I had thoroughly ingrained by "practice makes permanent" as he says rather than practice makes perfect as I had hoped. Now all I have to do is correct them, and the others. Ha.

All in all, his comments and illustrations gave me something to work with that will allow me to correct my actions when (not if) I fall off my path. He is not a "Drill Instructor" and makes his corrections with simple statements and brief examples.
One other comment is when he is just shooting shots he may be one of the most accurate shooters I have ever seen.

The two statements bolded above are Lee's strongpoints. His simple, down to Earth logic gets right to the point. And don't challenge him to a straight in stop shot contest. The cue ball stops completely dead every time. :grin:

Best,
Mike