Legal?

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
1tskRj0.jpg

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As filmed it is a push shot. Instantaneous contact between tip and CB could not have allowed CB to take the observed path.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Which foul exactly? Double hit? Intentional miscue?
Extended hit.
Double hit in my opinion but likely both.
As filmed it is a push shot. Instantaneous contact between tip and CB could not have allowed CB to take the observed path.
Yeah, I suspect it was all of those things - an intentional miscue/double hit/extended hit/push, confirmed by the CB's path. Can't get anything past you guys.

Was it blatant enough to qualify as unsportsmanlike?

pj
chgo

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of a push and "steer" the cueball shot. He is clearly guiding the cueball by steering it with the side of the tip very briefly after the hit. He's good at it and it might get past an opponent in a weekly bar tournament but not the more seasoned players.
Was it blatant enough to qualify as unsportsmanlike?
Not in my book. Just a foul. Unsportsmanlike conduct is pretty loosely defined usually, but my take on it is for far more disruptive behavior.

Last edited:

WobblyStroke

It's obv a foul but this intentional miscue is one of Mike Massey's 50 shots all players should know.
But really, there are easier ways to start fights.

Souquet tried something similar in a world championship in the 90s and it wasn't called an intentional miscue. He missed the shot so there was no controversy and just looked like a miscue. But that miscue was the only way he could have made the shot and gotten as perfect shape as he did so 100% intentional imo. He woulda gotten away with it, even with a ref.