Life After Billiards - Do Players Ever Become Referees?

You sent me into LaLa Land thinking up players becoming refs..

Could you imagine Earl? "Hell if I know what happened, I couldn't stand to watch. He shoots like a little girl and smells like one, too!" :eek:

What about the players that don't like each other? Yikes, that'd be something. You think a questionable-call-thread is bad now..
 
I took the Ref school in Vegas. I did attend one larger tournament in Canada. My room was paid for and after my expenses, I was way in the hole.

You'd never make enuff other than to pay for your beer after work and a few hot dogs.

I talked to one guy who reffed in Vegas for many years. He was the one that
made it sound so grand, that I wanted to give it a try out. Oh yeah, they fly you down there, pay for your rooms and give you
money on top of that. Yeah right they do.

I found out the real truth afterward and realized that the guy was just jizzing me. I believe that the refs that show up for Vegas etc, are doing it mainly for the love of the game and not much else. Thats because there is not much incentive to do it otherwise.
 
Last edited:
It seems that most players seriously under value referees, and that's a shame.

They are there to provide both players a fair game. Those that have trained in the ACS, BCAPL, and other referee programs, and have experience on the floor have given a lot to provide players with that service.

When you start thinking about giving something back to the game that you've gotten so much from, think about becoming a referee.
 

Attachments

  • 220px-Michaela_tabb_moscow.jpg
    220px-Michaela_tabb_moscow.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Back
Top