Lighting a 7" ProAm. What's the best?

mufret

Registered
Looking to purchase a light and wanted to get some recommendations for what's out there. Have researched the Littman, Lite-Systems and Diamond offerings but wondering if there are any others I should consider. I don't really have the time for the DIY route and looking to get this fairly quickly. Is there any consensus on which is the best light out there for the smaller tables? Thanks in advance for your comments.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Look at lite-systems.com. I have the FinN. It’s a kit but a skilled electrician wires it right up. I assembled the fixture but had a licensed electrician suspend and wire it

Last edited:

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have and LED 9ft Diamond light and it works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have and LED 9ft Diamond light and it works great

I considered the Diamond light. Price plus shipping plus assembly steered me toward LiteSystem.....however the Diamond is a combo of function and fashion.

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I considered the Diamond light. Price plus shipping plus assembly steered me toward LiteSystem.....however the Diamond is a combo of function and fashion.

Yes. I have a walnut stain 8ft proam matches perfectly

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shop for price. One vendors quote was way overboard with freight cost.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another vote for the Diamond light if you are not price sensitive. Mine buzzes with a dimmer switch, so I have a simple off/on switch.

mufret

Registered
Thanks everyone! I kept going back and forth on the Lite-systems Fin-Miu and the Littman 5-2 tournament and ended up buying the Littman. While both have gotten good reviews and the littman was a bit more, it is also a bit longer (5' vs 4') and wider (2' vs 1') which should give better coverage and more consistent light at the edges.

songj2096

pool is not dead
Check out this. $379 shipped.
3.JPG

Mayberry

For a 7' Diamond Pro Am, is the 1x5 Littman sufficient, or would a 2x5 be needed? In a room with can lights at every corner, too. I looked at the Diamond light, but we also have a tv in the room and I don't want to obstruct the view. I'd prefer a light that's more flush with the ceiling and not low hanging over the table.

Mayberry

For a 7' Diamond Pro Am, is the 1x5 Littman sufficient, or would a 2x5 be needed? In a room with can lights at every corner, too. I looked at the Diamond light, but we also have a tv in the room and I don't want to obstruct the view. I'd prefer a light that's more flush with the ceiling and not low hanging over the table.
Anyone? I'm ready to order, but unsure if I should get the 1x5 or the 2x5.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
I have the Diamond light above my 7' Pro am. Yes its expensive and over priced BUT i would buy again for sure. It lights the table perfect and looks perfect