Lomax j/b vs. Lomax Jump cues

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Looking for some input from those whom have owned both. I have a Lomax three piece jump cue, it's fantastic. Does the jump break perform just as well?
 
I have a Lomax J/B and it breaks and jumps great, but I do believe he uses a different taper on the J/B's, so it's not a pure jump taper.

With the dedicated jump cues it seems it's just a bit easier to get the ball in the air, and the jump extension is a life saver as well, so if you already have a jumper, you probably wouldn't want to switch to a J/B.
 
I first had a Lomax Break/Jump and I loved it. It broke great and jumped decently.

I sold it and bought a Lomax breaker and 3 piece jumper. Call me crazy but I liked the the break/jump better than my dedicated breaker better for breaking. I feel the breaker was a bit clunky. Not sure why but it felt that way. The jumper was great.

I sold both and now am using a custom break/jump by a custom Cuemaker I deal cues for (Jim Vest). My next step is to have him build me a break/jump plus 3 piece jump handle. It's perfect for what I want and need. Saves a lot of case space.

The Jim Vest break/jumps are awesome, honestly never thought I'd sell my Lomax cues. Not just saying it either.


Play Well!

Bill
Billiard Bill's
Call/Text 239.823.0408
billiardbills@gmail.com
www.billiardbills.com
www.facebook.com/billiardbills
 
I first had a Lomax Break/Jump and I loved it. It broke great and jumped decently.

I sold it and bought a Lomax breaker and 3 piece jumper. Call me crazy but I liked the the break/jump better than my dedicated breaker better for breaking. I feel the breaker was a bit clunky. Not sure why but it felt that way. The jumper was great.

I sold both and now am using a custom break/jump by a custom Cuemaker I deal cues for (Jim Vest). My next step is to have him build me a break/jump plus 3 piece jump handle. It's perfect for what I want and need. Saves a lot of case space.

The Jim Vest break/jumps are awesome, honestly never thought I'd sell my Lomax cues. Not just saying it either.


Play Well!

Bill
Billiard Bill's
Call/Text 239.823.0408
billiardbills@gmail.com
www.billiardbills.com
www.facebook.com/billiardbills

In that case Bill, you may want to change your sig :p
 
I saw a lomax jump cue for sale at 380 dollars the other day. Used, and a horrible colour.

Welcome to the crazy world of american pool.
 
I saw a lomax jump cue for sale at 380 dollars the other day. Used, and a horrible colour.

Welcome to the crazy world of american pool.

Madness. I got my jump cue free with a playing cue I bought a few years ago. It jumps about as well as most I've hit with.

From my experience, break jumps break well enough, but you're better served owning an individual jump cue.
 
Back
Top