Looking for places to play in Boston

Zirroe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im flying out to Boston tomorrow morning. Can anyone recommend the best places to play?
 
Zirroe said:
Im flying out to Boston tomorrow morning. Can anyone recommend the best places to play?

Sadly, I would have to say Boston Billiards on Brookline Ave near Fenway Park. I say sadly because it's a bit of a yuppie/touristy place but all the true pool halls seem to be going by the wayside.

Let me know where you're staying and maybe I can help more. If you're staying in the Dorchester area there is Boston Bowl which is open 24 hours and has pretty decent tables.
 
If you've got a rental and wouldn't mind a drive, then you can head down to country club in chelmsford. It's about 30-40 minutes outside boston. There is a 9-ball tournament at 6:30 thur. night. A's and above go to 5 and b's and below go to 4. $20.00 per person with double elimination. PM me if your interested and I'll give you my cell to get you there.

Jason
 
Koop said:
Sadly, I would have to say Boston Billiards on Brookline Ave near Fenway Park. I say sadly because it's a bit of a yuppie/touristy place but all the true pool halls seem to be going by the wayside.

Let me know where you're staying and maybe I can help more. If you're staying in the Dorchester area there is Boston Bowl which is open 24 hours and has pretty decent tables.

Im staying at the Radisson Hotel on Stuart Street
 
Boston Billiards is about the only place in the area, unless you go 20 + miles out of town. Prepare to be surrounded by mini-skirted waitresses who offer you shots every 10 mins and groups of giggling college kids. And this is now the best pool hall in town. sigh. One of the best parts is that it's almost next door to Fenway. Jillians has tables, but it's not as good for players, and you won't find any there.

Probably the best would be Country Club in Chelmsford if you can get there.

Send me a PM, if I can get away this weekend I may head up to Country Club, they have a day special there, $12 from 11 to 5 or something. Couple of nice tight GCIII there that take some focus to run out on.
 
Last edited:
Koop said:
Sadly, I would have to say Boston Billiards on Brookline Ave near Fenway Park. I say sadly because it's a bit of a yuppie/touristy place but all the true pool halls seem to be going by the wayside.

Let me know where you're staying and maybe I can help more. If you're staying in the Dorchester area there is Boston Bowl which is open 24 hours and has pretty decent tables.
Did that use to be Jillians?? The place I'm thinking of was right across from Fenway and you could see it from the windows...
 
Craig Fales said:
Did that use to be Jillians?? The place I'm thinking of was right across from Fenway and you could see it from the windows...

Jillians and Boston Billiards are in the same area. Jillians was closer to Fenway down a side streen, Boston Billiards a bit further down the road.
 
Craig Fales said:
Did that use to be Jillians?? The place I'm thinking of was right across from Fenway and you could see it from the windows...


Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in quite a while.

To the original poster, Boston Billiards is your best bet. You're near the Theater District so a cab ride would be needed.

As for Jillians, you're thinking of the right place. Boston Billiards is around the corner on Brookline Ave. Much better IMO.
 
So I went to Boston Billiards last night. It's a nice place. Pockets are a bit loose, but the place was nice. No players were there. I took the train and walked.
Coming out here just made me realize how spoiled I am in Southern California........I am live 5 to 10 mins from hard times and there are tournaments every night of the week within a 30 min drive.
 
Zirroe said:
So I went to Boston Billiards last night. It's a nice place. Pockets are a bit loose, but the place was nice. No players were there. I took the train and walked.
Coming out here just made me realize how spoiled I am in Southern California........I am live 5 to 10 mins from hard times and there are tournaments every night of the week within a 30 min drive.

Yep, you are a lucky man, no doubt. Most of the good halls that had tournaments and gambling are gone. It really is a shame.
 
Back
Top