Looking for places to play North west Florida

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The wife and I are heading to Indian Rocks Beach on Friday for a couple of weeks of fun in the sun.Need a update on pool rooms in the area. Is Capone's still open? Any AZers from this area want to get together and play some pool. I'm on vacation and I'm not looking for any action, just want to relax and play some pool, a few drinks. PM me and we can work out the details and contact info.
Charlie
 
Hi Charlie! I vacation in Indian Rocks every year. There are several rooms within 10 minutes of the beach. Crooked Cue is probably the nicest, with both Diamond and Gandy 9' tables. There is also CM Lee's room, which is 5 minutes from the beach, in Seminole. Then there's Park Billiards (I think that's the name, in a little strip mall, also not far from the beach in Largo. Then you should make a trip to the Flamingo Bar in St. Pete. Captain Hook (Mike) plays there. Also cornerman (Fred) lives in the area. There are several other AzBrs, but most of them are across the bay, and play at Strokers in Palm Harbor. That should give you a good start! Enjoy your vacation, and I hope to see you the next time I'm headed east on 80! Oh, and don't forget to eat at Crabby Bills in Indian Rocks...great food! BTW, Capones is still open and going strong, but that's a good hour or more north of Indian Rocks, in Springhill. One more thing...NW FL is the panhandle (Panama Beach, Ft. Walton Beach, Pensacola). Your area is Tampa Bay/Clearwater! Enjoy!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

The wife and I are heading to Indian Rocks Beach on Friday for a couple of weeks of fun in the sun.Need a update on pool rooms in the area. Is Capone's still open? Any AZers from this area want to get together and play some pool. I'm on vacation and I'm not looking for any action, just want to relax and play some pool, a few drinks. PM me and we can work out the details and contact info.
Charlie
 
Last edited:
Yeah on HWY 19 towards Indian Rocks Beach is The Crooked Cue. They have 11 9' tables all with nice cloth on them and 4 Diamond Tables. I play there 2x a week and sometimes more when I can. Everyone there is really nice and it's clean and laid back. As the other poster said Capone's is still in Spring Hill, nice tables but old cloth.
 
Places to play

Scott
Thank you for the info, contact me the next time you are heading to my area

Plyittothetbone
Thank you for the info

Digger038
Thank you for the info. Want to meet up at The Crooked Cue and play some pool?
 
Back
Top