Looking for pool coach

jjspelman

HI, getting back into the game after 35+ years of absence. Looking for a pool coach in the west central Florida area (Tampa/St Pete, etc).

I am not looking for someone to tell me to go do 300 drills. There is a ton of that on the internet and I have been doing plenty of it.

I am looking for someone to watch me and tell me what I am doing wrong when it goes wrong, which there is plenty of.

I tried the PBIA website but have not had a response. I do want someone with exceptional experience and a background not just as a player, but also coaching. There are millions pool players better than I, but you have to be a good coach as well.

Any suggestions appreciated. Must be in person. I am willing to travel to a degree. Not interested in online/virtual stuff.

MurrayNevada

I also just returned to the game after a VERY long time. I was banging balls around on a new home table not sure of what I was doing right or wrong. I recently took a couple of lessons from an instructor from the below organization and it has made a world of difference. Learned a few things that I never would have learned without the instruction. You may already have this website but in case you don't you will find some Florida instructors. They may or may not be close to you as I'm not familiar with Florida.

jjspelman

Thanks, Murray. That is the website I went to before posting. I inquired on a couple but haven't heard back. A couple of them in my general area don't seem to be active any longer. Maybe I will hear something from them on Monday.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Lee travels everywhere and if you have a table.. well? . I'm sure there's other instructors you can travel to, but didn't catch your location,so hard to give a local recommendation.

Scott is a great start, if not more.

tp

jjspelman

Scott Lee travels everywhere and if you have a table.. well? . I'm sure there's other instructors you can travel to, but didn't catch your location,so hard to give a local recommendation.

Scott is a great start, if not more.

tp
Thanks, I did message Scott on Friday, I believe. Will see if he replies.

I got hold of Ray Martin because he used to be here in Florida, but he is now in NC. Oh well.

I am also looking to learn 3 cushion billiards. For what it's worth.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommy Wirth is in Delray beach. Don't know how close that is from you.
He teaches all pool players anything they need.
He does video lessons and he travels.
Email : trwirth369@gmail.com
Good luck

Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I highly recommend tom wirth too
but he is a 3 hour drive for you or him as he is on the east coast of florida