Looking for R series Schon

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
THis is probably going to be a waste of time, but, I would like to see upper end R series Schons that you might be willing to sell for a fair price. I have money in PayPal to make this happen TODAY.

I would like to see R7's and stitch rings with full shaft(s). Hit me with a PM if you have a cue that fits the bill. Expected condition should be above average and cue must be straight.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon R series

The guy looking is about as honest a buyer/seller as it gets here on AZ. Have faith my friend, they are out there, you just have to dig a little to get one to pop up, but once they do they are worth it!

cuesterpat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon R Series

I have a R-14+ that I would entertain selling. It does not have the stitch rings, but is early and has the yellowed micarta ferrules. Pics are attached.

Attachments

• SchonR14full1.jpg
    SchonR14full1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,711
  • SchonR14fore1.jpg
    SchonR14fore1.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,587
  • SchonR14butt1.jpg
    SchonR14butt1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,755
  • SchonR14butt2.jpg
    SchonR14butt2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,550

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still looking.....

I have looked at a few real nice cues so far. I would like to look at a few more if they are out there to be found. I am interested in the R7, R9, R12, R14, R15, and R16. There are at the top of my list and would love to see a few......

I may also be interested in new Runde cues Hoppe cues WITHOUT a lot of red or green in the veneer colors that are priced right with two shafts and straight, under 19.5 oz.

dbCustomCues

First Choice Billiards
Silver Member
R12 with stich rings $1000 has a name Rick engraved in the butt cap from Schon.Blue veneers

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not seen much so far and I am waiting on a few to get back with me on specs. Still waiting on the right cue and I have money to work a deal.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You want the high end ones and I want the low end ones. Good luck in your search my friend.

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
R 12

Just picked up this awesome R 12, yes they are out there but you just about have to pry them out of owner hands, I paid an arm and a leg for this beautiful R 12 with elephant wrap, The two shafts that it came with I passed on, Thank god I bought this third shaft that is a full 13.2 MM,with awesome Micarta ferrule, For me this is with out a doubt the all time best hitting cue I have ever owned, This plays much better then a $4,000 Tascarella I sold a couple months ago. I knew 20 years ago just how amazing these older schon r series cues play like when I had my first R 5, Sold it when I was a young stupid kid, I'm now the proud owners of this R 12 , This one is not going any time soon, $1,400 is what I paid and worth every penny,

Attachments

• r  12    7.jpg
    r 12 7.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 971
  • 88888.JPG
    88888.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 899

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of these cues that have been posted are nice! Thanks guys for the eye candy.

I would settle for a nice R6 ebony into BEM. Shafts must be decent and the original micarta ferrules. Veneer colors I can work with so long as not a ton of red.

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of these cues that have been posted are nice! Thanks guys for the eye candy.

I would settle for a nice R6 ebony into BEM. Shafts must be decent and the original micarta ferrules. Veneer colors I can work with so long as not a ton of red.

That's the biggest problem I find with these R series schon cues, If you are lucky and do find one, Most of the time the shafts are Not that great ,, The two shafts that came with my R 12 at first look awesome Full, Just a hair under 13 MM witch I thought was great to find them so full, Then I rolled them and man there was a huge wobble in both of them, Not even playable in my opinion, It's to bad because the ferrules where beautiful, When I was waiting for the cue to arrive, I bought a third stitch ring Micarta r series shaft from another member, Glad I did because like I said the two that came with the cue where junk...Good Luck quest to find a r series cue....

pathman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
R8 stitch ring

Fresh and perfect refinish. Butt is dead straight 15.1 oz. Edge hybrid is straight at 12.75 and 4oz. Original shaft is warped but playable at 12.8 and 4oz

Attachments

• IMG_4903.jpg
    IMG_4903.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 816
  • IMG_4904.jpg
    IMG_4904.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 915
  • IMG_4905.jpg
    IMG_4905.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 880

nossi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love Pathmans R! Would need a 2white1black wrap but thats personal preference! Nice cue Sir!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums mobile app

Brazil

Registered
I have a stiched ring R9 with couple of shafts. It was restored before I purchased and I don't really shoot with it. I have an R2 stich ring with some bumps and bruises that I shoot with when I'm not using my newer Schon or JW.

You can PM me if you are interested, but it will probably be a few days before I return home and get some pics. Still on a road trip seeing family for the holidays.

I do have a couple of poor pics on my phone where I texted my brother will all my Schons (4) together. Let me know.

Attachments

• Schon_1st_Catalog__Page_1.jpg
    Schon_1st_Catalog__Page_1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 594

Brazil

Registered
Not sure when I'll be near a computer so here's the crappy pic from my phone with my Schons and all my shafts. Now I'm depressed .... didn't realize what I've spent on these !!! Merry Christmas to All ......

Attachments

• IMAG0181_edited.jpg
    IMAG0181_edited.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 414

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am still looking......Some nice cues listed thus far, just not exactly what I am looking to buy.