Looking for some advice on a tip.

danomano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried a bunch of tips over the years, but I eventually ended up going simple with a Triangle tip. I like how it plays but the only issue I find that is that it flattens out a little too quickly for me (I don't break with it and am no banger - but it still seems to happen). Can anyone recommend one that plays similar but may hold up a little better? Seems Kamui is offering so many types now that I can't tell what would have the closest feel to it. Last Kamui I tried was too hard for my liking (quick maybe?).

Thanks!

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I have tried a bunch of tips over the years, but I eventually ended up going simple with a Triangle tip. I like how it plays but the only issue I find that is that it flattens out a little too quickly for me (I don't break with it and am no banger - but it still seems to happen). Can anyone recommend one that plays similar but may hold up a little better? Seems Kamui is offering so many types now that I can't tell what would have the closest feel to it. Last Kamui I tried was too hard for my liking (quick maybe?).

Thanks!
Do you put them in a tip press or a vice before you install? Triangle, I think, is still a pretty good tip, but I feel that they used to stand up a lot better than they do now.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks!
Try a Moori Quick

It is their version of a hard tip but is not all that hard. runs mid to high 80's on a Durometer but no clicking sound on impact.

danomano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you put them in a tip press or a vice before you install? Triangle, I think, is still a pretty good tip, but I feel that they used to stand up a lot better than they do now.

Hadn't thought about getting it pressed...good idea.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will get a recommendation for every tip on the planet on here. If you have a Triangle on your cue already and you like how it plays, have you tried burnishing the sides a few times? I like Triangles and really don't think "flattening" is a problem if you shape them up a little early on and do some burnishing.