Looking for some help.

a.jin88

Registered
I'm about to take a road trip, and looking for some pool halls or tournaments. Google search only goes so far...

I'm leaving West Michigan on March 10th, and would love to be in Port Charlotte by the 13th or 14th. I'm looking for any great pool halls to check out, or some weekly tournaments on the way. My plan is to take it through Indianapolis, to Louisville, thru Nashville, to Atlanta, and 75 straight to Port Charlotte from there.

I've looked up some places on the way, but I'm sure theres more little pool halls that don't pop up as much. Any help would be appreciated.

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Make sure to stop in at Bank Shot while in Louisville. You can find action there.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will miss this one if you are going back east then north, but the White Diamonds tournament in Louisiana the weekend of the 29th is about the biggest bar box tournament there is. With 2 calcuttas, total prize money is usually over $60k! Great people, great food, and there are almost always pro players in the mix. Smokey room, but other than that it is THE small room tournament as far as many are concerned. fields 128.

Zkid09

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know it's out of the way, but if you happen to come down into Alabama, let me know. I'm about 20 minutes East of Birmingham, 2 hours from downtown Atlanta. I know a few people that may give you a little action and I know of small tournaments nearly every day as well!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little further south

Hi a.jin88,
If you go a little bit more south, you can hit Diamond Billiards. James, one of the owners, posts here occasionally as biggame. Diamond Billiards in Cape Coral was new room of the year in Billiards Digest when it opened. All 7 and 9 foot Diamond tables, plus a couple of 9 footers have the 4 1/4 inch pockets. The rest have 4 1/2. lots of action, lots of good players. The big tables are too tough for me, even when Tony Crosby had as pro event there, the pros complained the tables were too hard. There are also a few rooms in the Cape and Ft Myers if you are here for awhile, but Diamonds is a must see.

Sincerely,
Ed Rannou