Looking for Taps...

tlayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im looking and ready to buy a 5/16 x 14 tap along with 3/8 x 10, 3/8 x 16 and any others if you have any. I've check with with all suppliers, just checking to see if anyone has any extras kicking around. Appreciate your time, thank you.

Scott Behrens

Former Cue Builder
Silver Member
I've got a QTAP 3/8-10PLT308 - 3/8-10 PILOTED TAP (.308 PILOT)
4" TAP from Atlas. Never Used. $60 from them. I'll sell it for $50 shipped.
Thanks. - SOLD, pending payment.

Last edited:

tlayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still Looking....line wasn't that long.

Payment sent, Thanks Scott!

I am still looking for more taps, 3/8 x 16, 5/16 x 14, radial.

Thanks for your time.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
Payment sent, Thanks Scott!

I am still looking for more taps, 3/8 x 16, 5/16 x 14, radial.

Thanks for your time.

The 5/16-14 is about $35.00 from Atlas, you can get them for $16.00 from Travers tool online, they also have the 3/8-16 for about $12.00 bucks.

tlayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Double check

I have the catalog, I couldn't find it. I'll have to double check. Thx

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
I have the catalog, I couldn't find it. I'll have to double check. Thx

They aren't in my catalog either, but if you go to their website and type in 5/16-14 and 3/8-16 in the search bar, seperately of course, each will come up.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
Just a note on the taps from Travers...... The taps from Travers aren't as loong as the ones you would get from Atlas. As long as you are doing small things that don't require a deep depth like joint protectors or something small like that, the taps from Travers will be fine, but if you doing anything where you got to make threads deep (2+ inches or more), like doing a joint pin, then the taps from Travers won't work as they won't tap the hole deep enough.

tlayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have a problem buying from Atlas, Travers, etc. just thought I'd check with the community first. I'll hit up Atlas and Travers.

Thanks for the extra info DirtBMW. Check your pm.