looking for the value of this titlist cue

leo765

race to 9
Hey gang Ive come across this cue that could be worth something and was looking for some insite. Heres what I know. the cue was given to a man named Townley by an unknown man in newark n.j. around 1958. Townleys son gave the cue to my friend around 20 yrs. ago and said it was worth a good bit as his father told him.What Ive been able to find through research is the titlist green label cues were all one peice cues and this perticular label dates it pre 1945 . I have read that rambow would put the pin in the shaft of this perticular model but that could be done by any cuebuilder. the points are 22.5 inches from tip to butt minus the bumper and the over all length of the cue is 57" from end to end minus tip and bumper. the vaneers appear to be brown green brown. the butt appears to be a splice of rosewood and curlymaple. the pin is a 3/8 and has an inch and a half sticking out of the shaft. I will try to post pics

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 452
  • shaft.jpg
    shaft.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:

Mr Nobody

Banned
Hard to tell from your pics . Looks like a real old conversion , with the pin in the shaft . The label looks in very good shape . Without better info hard to say . Look at similar cues for sale , or that have sold to get an idea ...;)