Looking for Vegas advice (kid friendly if possible)

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
Check out the moving statue show at Caesar's, the fountain shows and the chocolate fountian at the Bellagio, the volcano at the Mirage, and the rain storm at Planet Hollywood.

Also, take him to Fat Burger!

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
Why do you mention, avoiding Chris Angel?

Maybe see David Blaine instead. Hes pretty cool.
Here is a preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxu_MQSTTY

The Chris Angel Cirque show was terrible. It would have been better if Chris was not in it. Although I have heard they redid it, so maybe its better now.

The other Cirque shows are better. Try Mystere or O, they were great. There are plenty of other good kid-friendly shows like the knight tournament show at camelot or most of the magic shows.

You could also go to wet n wild or the various arcades.

briandlau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So next week is me and my son's Jr Nationals trip.

The only two things we have planned for sure is to play pool (well duh!), eat at the Rio buffet and go on the rollercoaster in one of the hotels (first roller coaster for him and first in a LONG time for me).

I am guessing there are no PG rated strip shows ;):D so anyone have any advice on where to take a 13 yr old in Vegas? Also keep in mind that said kid may be really pissed off that he lost two in a row during the Nationals and was done, although with how he's bee playing lately that is not too likely.

I do have to say that by order of the Wife, we Are Not Allowed To Visit National Parks and such Without HER Being There. Capitals are there based on how strongly she said that to me LOL.

So Hoover Dam is out, and places like that. Too bad, I was hoping to go on the Dam tour with the Dam guide.

I do plan on bugging the hell out of Justin from TAR to visit the studio with my son and see if can play a bit on that table, since he's going to be doing the live streaming for the Jr Nationals he'll have to put up with me at least for a little bit.

Go check out the Caesars buffet instead. It's a bit pricier but it's incredible. IMO it's surpassed Bellagio and Wynn buffets by far.

mikefeiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are other kid friendly shows that are more expensive that he would enjoy such as LeReve or Love. These are more pricey. Some of the cirque shows are not for kids. You can read reviews to pick it out.

Le Reve is a great show that is very family friendly. There's also a really nice aquarium over at Mandalay Bay and several family friendly things to do over at the MGM. You could also take him to one of the shooting ranges (minors are usually fine if they're going with a parent). I went to the Guns and Ammo Garage and last year and had a blast (the people who worked there were pretty friendly as well).

http://gunsandammogarage.com/packages

1hit1der

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The zipline on Fremont St is currently closed. From what I understand, Flightlinez operated it, but their lease ended and the Fremont St Experience decided to build their own zipline featuring Slotzilla, the largest (non-playable) slot machine in the world. They say they'll open midsummer 2013, whenever that is, but I was just down there last night and there's no zipline.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Le Reve is a great show that is very family friendly. There's also a really nice aquarium over at Mandalay Bay and several family friendly things to do over at the MGM. You could also take him to one of the shooting ranges (minors are usually fine if they're going with a parent). I went to the Guns and Ammo Garage and last year and had a blast (the people who worked there were pretty friendly as well).

http://gunsandammogarage.com/packages

The shooting range he will probably (definately LOL) be interested in, but if word gets out to the wife I took him there, well, the couches in our house are not confortable hehe. I did some time in the millitary so don't need to go shoot stuff but would be fun for him.

Thanks for the idea though, I'll have to check on this.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I agree with going to some of the "theme hotels" for the free shows i.e.e Caesars statues, etc. The Venetian Gondola ride might work too, then take your kid to the top of the Eiffel Tower, in front of Paris. Great views of the Strip, from the "middle" of it. Obviously, the Stratosphere is good too for views and thrill rides.

The zip line at Fremont is lame.

If your kid wants to shoot automatic weapons, I like the Gun Store on east Tropicana. They charge you by the clip, so it can go quick, lol.

The Secret Garden at Mirage is ok too, to check out animals like white lions, tigers (no bears) and dolphins.

There is a skydiving simulator near the Convention Center, behind the Riv and Wynn.

Las Vegas Speedway offer a NASCAR ride along thing, for 3 laps in a true race car. For a 13 yr old that is soon to drive, he might enjoy a casual 165 MPH spin around the track.

For that matter, if he is into cars, the classic cars and antique cars at the Quad (former Imperial Palace) is cool too. It's across from Caesars.

Lastly, a titty show might be a cool father/son thing to do. Then again, maybe your kid isn't as much of a degenerate as I was, at 13.

Eric

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with going to some of the "theme hotels" for the free shows i.e.e Caesars statues, etc. The Venetian Gondola ride might work too, then take your kid to the top of the Eiffel Tower, in front of Paris. Great views of the Strip, from the "middle" of it. Obviously, the Stratosphere is good too for views and thrill rides.

The zip line at Fremont is lame.

If your kid wants to shoot automatic weapons, I like the Gun Store on east Tropicana. They charge you by the clip, so it can go quick, lol.

The Secret Garden at Mirage is ok too, to check out animals like white lions, tigers (no bears) and dolphins.

There is a skydiving simulator near the Convention Center, behind the Riv and Wynn.

Las Vegas Speedway offer a NASCAR ride along thing, for 3 laps in a true race car. For a 13 yr old that is soon to drive, he might enjoy a casual 165 MPH spin around the track.

For that matter, if he is into cars, the classic cars and antique cars at the Quad (former Imperial Palace) is cool too. It's across from Caesars.

Lastly, a titty show might be a cool father/son thing to do. Then again, maybe your kid isn't as much of a degenerate as I was, at 13.

Eric

He is a bit freaked out by girls so I doubt anything sexy will be OK with him hehe. Never been to Vegas muself, but from the talk I hear it's more or less a titty show no matter where you go LOL.

I am also not sure how he'll handle an auto fire weapon, a rifle or a pistol maybe, the kids one I seen uses a .22 so the kick back is no isssue there. I fired an M16 on full auto and it's not something I would want a kid with no gun experience to play with. Or at least not MY kid. I do think that he will enjoy firing a real gun, and it would be something cool to tell his friends about. He already got one of them to shut up when the kid was boasting that he was going to go to some water park, my son tossed out "well, I'm going to Vegas to play in a national 9 ball tournament as the MA State Champion", which hushed things up. I think my plan is not to tell the wife the plan, nor my son, but do a "surprise ride" and just take him, and deal with telling the wife after. "Oh, yea dear, Alex shot the shit out of a target with a pistol" LOL

The car thing may be fun, he is really just starting to notice cars as "nice" or not, so the ride would be fun for him. I'll check that out, thanks! Hm.. it's a 17 mile trip, will need something closer that we can take a taxi to. Unless one of the guys I know rented a car. Or Fatboy or somoene that lives/lived there wants to drive us :)

Last edited:

SMG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The arcade in New York, New York is pretty cool and they also have a roller coaster.

I know Circus Circus has an amusement park and a free show in their arcade as well. Trapeze and other things like that.

There is indoor cart racing and a cool miniature golf course in the area as well. Unfortunately I forgot the name but I'm sure a little Google research will get you some decent answers.

Have fun, shoot well