Looking to get a new case.

scarygary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a Leather Instroke 3x5 for 20 years and even though it still holds my cues just fine, It's really starting to look like it needs to be retired. I've been fine with the wear and tear before, but a friend mentioned that It really doesn't look that pretty anymore and I guess I've come to realize that it needs to be replaced.
I'm not the kind of guy that just goes out and buys the first thing that pops up on ebay, but I prefer to do my research and get the best value for money I can.
At first I considered getting a new tooled Instroke, but then I realized that there are a lot of really good looking cases out there. I'm really just looking for recommendations. I live in Sweden and Customs and VAT is really expensive, so my limit is going to be about $600. I guess a JB or a Justis is out of the question then, but a nice looking Volturi maybe?
Opinions?

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're looking for leather I think JB and Volturi are the same price range roughly, Volturi might even be a bit more. I just had JB finish a custom leather for me that I'll be receiving soon. They were great to work with and I'm sure can get something really nice. I think their leather cases for a 2x5/3x4 or 2x4 are right around $600. I don't know if they would be a ton to ship to Sweden though?

scarygary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think shipping is going to be that bad. Maybe another $50. It's the 25% on the item value they charge me when it gets here that really hurts. I just got my 30" custom revo shaft. With shipping, taxes and everything it ended up costing me almost $800. 🤬

tabi1

Registered
Try Myth Leather, he's in Portugal and makes beautiful cases of all styles. If you can dream it, he can build it.

scarygary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a chat with Dinko from Croatia, but unfortunately he wasn't able to build what I wanted. I ended up buying a Volturi Brogue II – Black & Saddle Tan. $580 including shipping. It looks amazing and the quality is excellent.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I've had a Leather Instroke 3x5 for 20 years and even though it still holds my cues just fine, It's really starting to look like it needs to be retired. I've been fine with the wear and tear before, but a friend mentioned that It really doesn't look that pretty anymore and I guess I've come to realize that it needs to be replaced.
I'm not the kind of guy that just goes out and buys the first thing that pops up on ebay, but I prefer to do my research and get the best value for money I can.
At first I considered getting a new tooled Instroke, but then I realized that there are a lot of really good looking cases out there. I'm really just looking for recommendations. I live in Sweden and Customs and VAT is really expensive, so my limit is going to be about $600. I guess a JB or a Justis is out of the question then, but a nice looking Volturi maybe?
Opinions?

then its a jb rugged
plenty of new ones are already done and available

ekb6760

Misplaced Texan
Gold Member
Silver Member
Opinions?
Something to consider:

I was told they were made in the same factory as Instroke.